close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shake n bake, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Just thought I'd post something good that happened to me. Last time I was out fishing with my dad, I casted my line and heard a Kerplunk. My handle fell off my reel into the water and was gone. It was a Gander mountain reel, and no other handle from any other reel I had would fit. I took it back to Gander, in Canton, today. The guy didn't have another handle to fit it either. He asked how old it was and I told him I had bought it opening day there. He said "How bout I just do this for you". He handed me a brand new reel. Then he said"Thats how we do it at Gander Mountain. We try to keep the customer happy". Then he saw me a few minutes later and said "I might as well give you extra spool also". He did, then walked us to the door in case anyone questioned us.
    THANK YOU, Gander Mountain... ( and the man that did that)
    My hats off to you !!!
    Jeff :D

2. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have always had nice service at the one near Columbus. Nice to know that it is not just one store.

3. "J"

"J"

And that is what you call GOOD customer service, maybe other stores can learn from this example.

4. I know where I'm buying my next reel.

5. JBJ

JBJ

That's the way it should be! At one time, that was how it was in most all retail stores. Take care of the customer and they will return again and again. Cudos to the smart man at Gander Mountain.

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Gotta love and support good customer service like that!!

I wont mention the name of the awful online-only sporting goods place I dealt with last March but they would have told you that that wasnt really the reel you meant to buy anyway (even though you ordered it) so here take (buy) this Snoopy rod and reel. Oh and go ahead and you pay to ship the original back. Even though it was our fault. Oh, you needed it for someones birthday?? Gee, thats too bad.

Yes Im still bitter but much wiser. Customer service (good OR bad!) goes a LONGGGGGG way with me.

7. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I have noticed something about shopping at Gander. It almost always costs me $1 per minute to be there. If I'm there for 20 minutes, I usually spend about $20. Must be some subliminal message in the music.

8. Dude, count yourself lucky! I wish I could walk out after 20 minutes and only spend $20. I'm closer to $1 per second in that place :( :eek:

Steve

9. I just started going to one of them in Columbus and I really like the place. Most sports chains don't have much for fly fishers but they do have a decent selection of tying materials and accessories.

10. I have several Gander reels and love them. Great to her about the customer service also

11. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is awesome customer service!

Any of you guys know if they sell the Hobie Kayak fishing boats in the Canton store?? I am interested in getting one of these like what I saw on Hank Parker, but on the Hobie website, they do not list prices and show the closest dealer to me as being the Gander in Columbus. Canton is much closer so I wondered if they had them there. I am too lazy to call of course. Plus I don't have long distance on my home phone. Thanks ahead of time!

12. :( How sad... I was at Gander Mtn today in Twinsburg and found out they only have layaway on guns. I asked if I could put a power auger on and they said no. Oh well.

They did have quite a bit of ice stuff out. I only bought a replacement net for my long steelhead net, two KO Wobblers, 1/4oz, a Crappie World magazine, and some candy for my kids. I did write down a few things for my Xmas list. Hope Santa is reading this!!!

13. I may buy my next bass outfit there, I love to here stories like that.

14. can't go wrong with the quality of the guide series gear (reels included) I've had nothing but good luck wiht everything with the Guide Series stamp on it. I hope to work there soon, atleast for the winter :D

15. when i bought my aquaview their the guy kept telling me a bunch of lies to get me to by more stuff