close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gander Mountain / Hilliard, OH

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sowbelly101, Jul 1, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Yesterday i broke a brand new 7ft St Croix Avid rod about 4 inches above the handle. Never seen a rod break like that before, especially a st croix. well that bummed me out and the rest of the days fishing was shot for me. I called st croix and they told me that the paticular rod was back ordered and that they were behind on shipment of 150 or so of these rods. Now i didnt want to wait for the new rod, and didnt feel like going out and spending another 160 on one so i took the rod pieces and went to the store where i bought it. i checked the racks out and they didnt have another one like it but i found something that i liked just as well. Now i didnt have the reciept for this rod, but i still had the little cardboard registration thing they wrap around the handle. Heres the good part, The manager of the fishing depart was so pleasant and willing to work with me that i was almost in shock, i had no reciept, a broken rod and all he need was my name and number and i walked out the door with a new rod. I woulda completely understood if i woulda been told that i had to send it to st croix, but they took care of the issue and showed total dedication to the customer, even where there coulda been some doubt.

Hats off and a big thanks to Doug, which i believe is EsoxHunter on here and the person that took care of me on this one. Ill be shopping more at GM.

Sowbelly

2. Thats what keeps me going there. Thier service is bar far the BEST I have ever received at any retailer. I have meet several of the guys that work the fishing department and they are a class act. Always helping me. Just the best darn service I have ever had. Roger is the sales person I normally work with. Great place. They have won my money:) Great job GM :D

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Gander Mountain in Hilliard is simply amazing. I always find people willing to bendover backwards to help out, and they were also a great sponsor for our Tappan Outting a couple of weeks ago.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I"m in the place so much, I think Doug is sick of seeing me :D

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Doug and his staff there are really great guys.

6. catking

catking Banned

It really is nice to read this type of thread. Good for Gander Mountain. CATKING (What are you doing with a St. Croix anyways Pig belly :confused: ) :cool:

7. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

which of the 5 rods are you talking about? :rolleyes:
    what im doing with a st croix is called fishing, which you probally wouldnt know anything about :D .

sowbelly

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

SOWBELLY: You should've properly introduced yourself! :)
    I've kept quiet about working at Gander/ running the fishing dept, but I'm glad you had a good experience at Gander! Honestly, I'm not supposed to take returns on Croix and Loomis rods due to their warranty, but it was my understanding that you needed a replacement quickly. Glad I could be of service. BTW, I'm still stunned that an AVID would break in that spot. Had to be a defect. Stop in anytime and I'll be glad to help you out.
    Somebody mentioned Roger. Let me tell you, this guy is a class act. If you need any advice on bass fishing, this is the guy to talk to (sorry Roger :D ). There's another guy who I should mention. Mike really knows the bass game too. Myself, I'm a musky and stream smallmouth guy. If flyfishing is your game, you can get good advice from just about anyone in the department. We all spend the winter fly fishing for brownies.
    Thanks for the kind words fellas,
    Doug "esoxhunter"

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

btw, It's always a pleasure to see you Shake! How could I get sick of seeing your smiling face :D

10. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

To all: When you get this kind of special attention from folks, please take the time to stop by and ask for the Manager of the store and let them know how good you feel about how you were treated. Most folks will quickly complain when something is wrong, but we don't often enough say a big THANK YOU when somebody gives us the type of service we all would enjoy. A big Thank You to Esoxhunter and his associates for giving several of us a place to go and feel appreciated. That type of effort is always worth the extra drive when you need to pick up something.

11. I'm a nut when it comes to fishing and trying new things. The Gander Mountain home office predominately decides what will be stocked in the store there on the west side, but I have been in many times and asked about a product that they do not usually carry in house, and they check their whole chain of stores to see if it is available. If they can get it, they will have it transferred for me. I have had items sent from a Michigan store several times.
    Thanks to all of the guys there: Doug, Mike, Roger, Rob, John, and Phil. (hope I didn't miss anyone)