Game recommendations for Wii i won one today.

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Fish4Fun, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Got lucky today and won the Nintendo Wii that 99.7 the blitz was giving away on Wii Wednesdays. SWEET.

This will be an added suprise that the kids will love iam sure. And it made my day as i won it on the way to work.

Anyway what are some games you would recommend as we want to put this under the tree for the entire family and we have kids that range from 6yrs to 14yrs old.

Merry christmas .

2. zachtrouter

zachtrouter FISHAHOLIC

Tiger Woods golf is a sweet game for it. It also comes with tutorial games like baseball, golf, bowling, and tennis. The golfing games are addicting!!

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

LOL, Alter, i have seen them online for double there price as they are sold out everywhere.

I will keep it though and the kids will love it.

4. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Congrats on winning the game. I would have done what Alter said LOL. But since you are going to keep it, here are my suggestions. I do not have a lot of experience with it but my Wife bought our son the guitar hero game and that sucker is hard. It is not for younger kids. I personally like the blazing angles game. It is a World War II aerial combat game. It is a hard one to play but is is fun. We also have the Olympics game and it is a real hit. The whole family plays is. We like the bowling, tennis, and golf. Try the boxing game, it will wear you a** off in a heartbeat. Buy a couple of the remotes so everyone can play. I am not a big fan of games, but if the whole family plays, it is worth having.

5. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

I like the sports pack that comes with it, and Rapala tournemant fishing.

6. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Right on about the boxing game Toxic!!

I got the Rapala fishing game too. It's not the greatest but I still lost a few hours playing that one.

7. Congrats on winning one. I thought about trying to win one from them but I usually turn them off after the morning show goes off. I haven't played any other game on the Wii outside of the "free" games that come with it. The bowling game is fun. The tennis is pretty fun too. It's very addicting. You might want to buy another controller too. You only get one and it's a little more complicated to play if you only have 1 controller and you have 2 people that want to play. Lucky kids. I would save that one for very last. Maybe even right before you leave to go somewhere else give it to them.

8. I'd get "Wii play"" for it. It comes with a controller ($40 value) and it has several mini games that would be fun to play with the family.

9. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Wii Sports is all I play, I have Tiger Woods, not real impressed, Wii Play is pretty good considering it's a $10 game with a $40 remote included. Stay away from Rockstar Ping Pong and blazing angels, they're both pretty cheap to buy and I now know why!

10. i have a wii and what i have found it is fun for the 'party games' groups of people or the kids but feels different when trying to play 'harder games' shooters stuff like that and i always rent the games before i buy ive been burned to many times in the past.

11. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

ParmaBass, no way. Blazing Angles is awesome! Why do you think it is no good. I have almost completed the missions and I thought is was a great challenge. I agree, Wii sports is also good

12. Resident evil buy the wii gun controller and kill zombies

13. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

It got old real quick. I might be bitter too, I paid $50 for it then like a week later you could get it for $20:mad: . Mabey for twenty bucks it's not bad, I'll stick to bowling and tennis though, they haven't got old at all.

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks everyone. Ya i just got lucky and the kids will not be expecting this item so it will be last and marked for everyone. They got some good stuff this year but they had mentioned wantting one of these.

We went looking yesterday after we picked it up in Cbus and we got the Wii play with the extra controller and then bought an extra nunchuck and a rechargable battery kit. Thats all then will wait and rent games to find some others we like.

I'd get "Wii play"" for it. It comes with a controller ($40 value) and it has several mini games that would be fun to play with the family

15. bozz

bozz

We got one for the holidays too, they sure were hard to find, I got lucky and found one. My boy was excited, also got him a Zapper gun that comes with a cool Links crossbow game, good deal for $ 19, and we got the new Cabelas big game hunting game too, heard it was good but we have not played it yet. BTW did see that best buy has the Cabelas hunting game on sale for $ 29 this week, thats a good deal. We did get the wii play with extra remote and some cool mini games as well my fav. are tennis,pool, and baseball on the mini's, they are a work out and very fun !!!!

16. Got Exite Truck for the Wii for xmas. It is a blast to play and ok for any age.

17. Smarty Pants is a fun family game suitable for all.

18. Just played Guitar Hero III. From easy to incredibly deep; you can, and will, get booed for a poor performance. Just ludicrous fun; air guitar meets the digital age, highly addictive. not recommended for those that have to make a decision between GH III and practicing a real instrument, lol!!!

Also played Cooking Momma which was a lot of fun, great for couples.

MikeC