close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Game of the month: Pats vrs Steelers

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Rooster, Oct 27, 2004.

1. First, I need to praise the Bengals for beating Denver. The Denver loss puts the Steelers in the number 2 spot for AFC playoff race. Way to go bengals! The playoffs are a log way off, but the Steelers are in charge of their own destiny.

Now for the BIG game! I think that the Steelers actually have a shot at ending the Pats win streak. It is not a lock, but I think that they do have a very good chance of winning. I think that the Steelers will not have too much of a problem scoring on the Pats, but it will be difficult for the Steelers to stop the NE pass. The Pats only weakness (if they even have one) is their run D. A ball control running game will be key to the Steelers winning the game. Keeping the Pats offense off the field will be our best defensive play. The Steelers obviously cannot afford to turn the ball over or make any mistakes (the Pats are just too good).

Steelers 23
    NE 17

2. catking

catking Banned

I believe the Patriots will prevail in this matchup. The Steelers are doing very good, I'm still not sold on them YET ;) I believe the Jets, Indy and Jacksonville are there. The Steelers in that mix somewhere. So that's five teams in the AFC. #6........tough call right now. If I had to choose a team that will beat the Patriots this season, it would be Indy or the Jets. Both played them very well. .By the way, is this at the Steelers?? If so, they do have a 50/50 shot ;) .. .. Bill Cower forever.My favorite coach ;) THE CATKING !!!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I dont like Bill, especially when he pouts and sticks his chin out..He is quite the crybaby.

Anybody but the Stellers, I would root for the russian national team if they played the steelers :D

4. flathunter

I will say this, Big Ben looks good so far, but he does have the best recievers in the NFL TO THROW TO.

5. If the Bengals can beat the Broncos then anything is possible.

6. This will be Big Ben's first TOUGH lesson of the year. The Pats didn't win 20 in a row by playing dumb. Ben just has to realize that he doesn't have to win it himself. Use the running game to open up plays downfield. If he plays like he has been, the Steelers have a chance. It should be a close and physical game and I would love to see my Steelers WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. How come the Steelers fan put up his prediction but the non believers didn't post a potential score ? As a life long Steelers fan, I say the Steelers lose
    23 - 20. Casey Hampton is gone and a by week always kills the Steelers going into a tough game. Hopefully thats all they lose by, better yet hopefully I'm wrong.

8. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Aftre what the Red Sox did, I hope the Patriots can use some of that and keep on winning. I'll take the Pats 16-13. Like ACTION said, alot of teams seem to struggle comming back from a bye week. Should be a good game.

9. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

steelers win 24-17, hampton will defiently be missed

10. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Steelers by 13..

33 - 20

Corey Dillion will not make it the whole game, if he plays at all.

Law can not, and will not stop Ward.....Hines should have a very good day. ;) :D

Big Ben gets nailed a few times but will jump up to stun the N.E faithfull...

:D :D

11. flathunter

Oh gee, now we will have to hear Rooster Gloating over the Squeelers since they beat the Pats.

12. Chuck P.

Missed it by 1 point. :D :D

WAY TO GO PITTSBURGH.... 6-1 :D :D :D

13. Nice prediction!

Big Ben does it again! Did you see the Roethlisberger sandwich they sell in Pittsburgh now. Of course it costs $7!!

14. Did I notice a 1:27 pm post time on that prediction ? At that time the score was already 21 - 3. :D I'm not so sure the time on here is accurate anyhow, just thought I'd razz ya since my prediction bit it. (Thankfully)

15. Chuck P.

Sorry, But my prediction was over 24 hrs before kickoff. :D :D

I think I was trying to convince myself more than anything. And it worked. :p :D

Bring on Philadelphia.....They will lose to the Mighty STEELERS... :cool:

16. catking

catking Banned

They made a believer out of DA KING !!! Very impressive. If they beat the Eagles next week, I would have to say they would be the best team in the NFL. I believe they will beat the Eagles........ THE CATKING !!!

17. Flathunter, didn't Maddox and Stewart have the same supporting cast and didn't get the job done? Somehow people seem to forget that.

18. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'm with the Cat King. I did not think the Steelers where the real deal but after seeing what they did to NE I'm convinced that they have a really good football team. I'm still holding out as to wether they're the best in the league though. Those two teams will certainly meet again this year and of course the one team has to come through the Nati. Chalk up the "L"! :D WHO DEY!

19. I really can't add anyting that has not been discussed in the 10,000 articles that have been written on the Steelers in the last 48 hours.

SB this year? The steelers have a have difficult schedule remaining, and they will need to play very well to even secure a play-off spot. But, at least it is in their hands (they are currently the top seed in the AFC).

Long-term, the Steelers will be a force in the NFL for many years to come. WOW, a QB can really make a difference. Too bad that it took the Steelers so many years to figure it out! But, at least when we finally went for a big time QB, he looks to be the best rookie in a LONG time.