close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GALYAN's Spinner Baits

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Pharley, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Bought a bunch of Galyan's bass spinner baits this summer, and have been going through them left and right. I guess on the good side, the hooks are pretty darn sharp. However, I have had 5 or 6 of the little rubber bands that hold the jig together break and snap within the past week. I may have to adjust a leading brand once in a while, but they rarely break until they look rough....many many fishing outings.

I know, I know....what do I expect for a buck....I do expect more from Galyan's though, I regard their fishing line as quality.

Rob

2. I have a few spinnerbaits like that as well. They are not Galyan's lures but rather some that have aged in my tackle. I was searching the other day in a couple of locals shops for replacement skirts but was unsuccessful. I know I bought some replacement skirts some time back. Does anybody know any shops locally that carry them?

By the way Pharley, you are right that they should not come apart in the first season like that regardless of the price if they come from a reputable source.

3. JBJ

JBJ

I've been using them for years without having this problem. Bring them in to me and we will replace them.

I use the Galyans spinnerbaits when I want that type of presentation but in cover where it is likely I will snag up. I don't mind cutting off a $2 SB instead of a more expensive one. If they snag up, I cut the line and keep fishing the cover until I am satisfied I have covered every inch. Then I go back and retrieve the lures if possible.

4. Hey Guys...
    You can order skirts/Collars from
    Jann's Netcraft
    1-800-346-6590
    or you can come to there showroom in maumee ohio.
    nitro882

5. Nitro882,

I am glad you mentioned the showroom. I have never been there and forgot that they were up there. I will be passing through that neck of the woods in a couple of weeks and will try to stop in.

6. bkr43050,

There address is 3350 Briarfield Blvd.Maumee,ohio
    nitro882

7. Thanks Nitro882! I even printed out the map from their web site.;)