close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Galyans in Lyndhurst

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by archman, May 8, 2004.

1. They have 25% off all lures now. I bought a couple of Husky Jerks last night. I'm not sure when it ends, though.

2. JBJ

JBJ

The 25% off is at ALL GALYANS through the weekend. Had it last weekend too. Might have next w-end also, most likely.

The lures have been coming in pretty steadily the past couple of weeks with more on the way.

Hey archman, let me know how you like that store up in Lyndhurst. I haven't heard any reports from customers yet and would love to hear what you think.

3. The store in Lyndhurst is pretty good. The prices seem to be reasonable. I got a Sedona for $24.99. The staff aren't quite as knowledgeable as say, a Gander Mountain. And I was a little disappointed they don't carry Yo-zuri lures. Other than that, everything is fine.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Where is the Gander up that way archman? I might need to hit it for some vibees for Erie this weekend.

5. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

There are Gander Mountains in Canton, Twinsburg, and one in Mentor. The Galyans @ Lyndhurst is not nearly as good as the one in Dublin. I'm from Columbus originally and just moved up here. I'm actually quite disappointed in both Gander Mountain and Galyans up here. The Galyans at Lyndhurst is really cheesy - kinda looks like the took at Finish Line and beefed it up. Pastels and sports don't work 'eh. The selection seems to be about the same as the Galyans in Columbus thought, maybe a little better. The Gander Mountains up here are pretty poorly stocked compared to what I'm used to in Columbus. They hardly ever restock the shelves (especially at the Twinsburg one). The selections in reels especially are less too than the Columbus stores. Strange considering they are a chain. You would think they would all almost carry the exact same things.

Jake

6. There is also a Gander in Sheffield.

7. JBJ

JBJ

It's pretty remarkable the differences between the stores for all sports chains. There always seem to be product lines that do better in certain localities. You can usually tell what sells well in your local stores by the pegs with only a couple products on them.
    I had a Rapala rep visit our store today. When I asked him about the new "glass shad raps" he said the supply was low everywhere. On each run they only supply about 3 major distributors so that is why you can't find these lures. Same thing all across the board. I believe that the manufacturers are only making what is necessary due to current economic conditions. This saves on warehousing of the overruns and thus saves them money.

8. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

I haven't used those new Glass Shad Raps yet, but I've been using the Glass Husky Jerks, mostly only size 6 though. I've had alot of hits on the clear and perch colors, but haven't had a hookup yet. Had one hit so hard the fish knocked the lure out of the water and the hooks fouled on the line! Looks promising........

9. Stores definitely stock what sells...I haven't been to a Galyans in Ohio, but I have been to the ones in Gaithersburg, MD and Fairfax, VA several times and these two stores definitely cater to the sports of rock climbing and kayaking, as there are more oportunities in this area for those activities. They also tend to stock a good supply of saltwater gear, being relatively close to the Chesapeake Bay.