close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Galion City Reservoir- Fished and Repairs

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tpet96, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Fished Powers Res in Galion this morning for a couple of hours. Just played around with the gills and perch. Had a couple of gills in the 10-11" range, and a perch in the 10" range. Most others were pretty small. Anywho.......they drained this thing WAY the heck down. Didn't realize why until this morning. They removed the only structure in the darn thing.......a ledge about halfway down the bowl. They actually removed it with some sort of machinery, and dumped in pea size gravel.....so now the entire reservoir is nothing but a stupid bowl. No more structure. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they would do this. And of course.......as usual.....they do things without ever mentioning them to the public.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'll try to get some pics if I can. Good news though. The tires we received permission from the city to dump in are still there :D They couldn't get down to them. We chained them in a nice tall stack....about 30 tires in a pyramid pile. VERY good structure :D

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

you just have to think of it as fishin in a paylake now.. :p no features..just a big hole with water in it..hehee..

3. Does anyone have any ideas for attackng a bowl?
    Oberlin is like that and it can be tough to get started.
    Don.

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Don,

I'll let you know if I figure it out. LOL. We had it down to the T for everything before: cats, perch, crappies, BIG saugeye. Guess it's a whole new learning process :)