Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The white bass run at Galena has picked up. There are good numbers being caught both Wednesday and Thursday. The females have moved up the creek along with the larger males. A “fyi” the females are full of eggs. I am taking a break today to give my dead arm and shoulder time to recuperate. Good luck and good fishing.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
ookkk dont mess with us are you sure...lol just kiddin thats GREAT news.
this is what i was hoping for.....
c ya all down there sunday :)
scott

·
Jiggin w/ a Crappie killa
33 Posts
Dang, it seems like I was not the only one really anticipating the run. That may be the best news in the past couple of days..:D See you fellas out there...

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
looks like i know where i will be after school and baseball today. good luck. and thanks for the info.
and should the run be picking up else where as well?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What were you using gone2fish? spinners? jigs? minnow?
I was using double jigs with solid body tubes mostly. I did catch a couple with crankbait and swimbait as a change of pace. My partner was throwing a 2in white twister and he was knocking them in the head with it. I also seen a couple of anglers using hair jigs tipped with minnows and they were doing good with that setup. The water was coffee colored as of yersterday and clearing. As best as I could tell the fish that were hitting were close to the bottom. The best bite seem to be in the morning. We got to the spot around 10am and folks were catching fish up until about 3pm and then it started to slow.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was out last night from 5-7 and me and my buddy got skunked from the banks. The night before we caught a few. It is just so hit or miss up there. I hate driving up there only to see they are not biting.

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
Anyplace to launch a kayak up there? I have a cart so I can follow a path if I have to, and I don't want to paddle a long way to get there, theres a reason I'm StuckAtHome,lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was out last night from 5-7 and me and my buddy got skunked from the banks. The night before we caught a few. It is just so hit or miss up there. I hate driving up there only to see they are not biting.
I know the feeling. On mother's day I caught 3. The next day I got blanked. Sometimes I wonder about the run. Every year is different and one has to adjust and adapt.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks gone2fish for the reply. Imma try my rooster tail collections and hair jigs on Sunday morning.

Dang, was so waiting for this and exited but commited to go with my buddy on Lake Erie tomorrow early morning for a round 3 on the headboat. Walleye spawning is over so hide the purple hairy jigs and unleash the erie deries!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
there in and running...i fished it from about 6 till about 8p. i brought 6 home and lost about 6 more. there not thick but there in there. this weekend should be good.....i think this is the start of the run....ya-frickin-hoo!!!!!!

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
I hope so. wanna get a 16 incher FISH OHIO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts