Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putty and I played hookie today and he invited me to a pond in gahanna. Caught two small mouth...my first on artificial bait. Used a 3" senko bright green worm on this one. 1376606688359.jpg

Not huge but glad to catch something I was targeting.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. New to this. This forum has definitely pointed me in the right direction.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Definitely a good way to spend a day off. I nabbed these boys!!! Used three baits. Pop r, Chatterbait and a crank bait.
One of the bigger ones when I reeled it in had a 13" line hanging out of it's mouth. When I got my hook out I tugged that line and half of a senko that was hooked in it's belly began to come out. I couldn't get it out, so I cut the line and it vanished back into it's stomach.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Landed one in the couple hours I was there. Seems like there were some pretty decent sized fish.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have fished that pond a couple of times.
tip for that pond:
The kids that fish it all the time use hot dogs to catch the bass there.

My daughter caught a bluegill, and I threw it on my spare rod with a redfish popping cork and pulled a nice 5 pounder out of there. The bass will hit a hotdog before any lure there. It is weird.

·
192 Posts
haha its funny you say that because that it the place that I learned that hotdogs were such great bait, we slayed the catfish in there on them. We always used Rooster Tails for the bass or a red and black shad rubber worm. Also right before dark you could get some awesome topwater action!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Has anyone made it over to woodside green south pond lately? I fished that place when I was younger and it was a great pond.
Me, putty and nyall actually just hit that pond last week for like 3 hours before dark. I caught 1 small bass, and putty caught 1 small bass, we saw a lot of bluegill popping but didn't see much bass activity. I thought that pond looked great on the map but I couldn't figure it out, maybe I'll try again in the fall and see if I can catch a couple nicer fish.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have fished that pond a couple of times.
tip for that pond:
The kids that fish it all the time use hot dogs to catch the bass there.

My daughter caught a bluegill, and I threw it on my spare rod with a redfish popping cork and pulled a nice 5 pounder out of there. The bass will hit a hotdog before any lure there. It is weird.
There was a guy there that morning using hot dogs and corn to catch nice sized bluegill. He told me there were some 4+ pounders in there. Of the ones I caught they were all around the same size. I will put a hot dog on the back of my chatterbait next time and see what happens.

·
192 Posts
Me, putty and nyall actually just hit that pond last week for like 3 hours before dark. I caught 1 small bass, and putty caught 1 small bass, we saw a lot of bluegill popping but didn't see much bass activity. I thought that pond looked great on the map but I couldn't figure it out, maybe I'll try again in the fall and see if I can catch a couple nicer fish.
I really focused on the rocks by the second entrance, also there is a sand bar on the north side of the pond that is a good area very close to those rocks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fished here today. Had a nice one on via pumpkin senko. Started jumping out of the water. Swam in to some birds nest floating bobber that was lost earlier and got tangled. Line snapped...still fuming.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts