close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G-Loomis warranty question

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by AkronBass, Jun 19, 2007.

1. have a broken GLX rod, it broke in half, and I was wondering if they have a lifetime warranty if so what do I need to give them to get my rod replaced?

2. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Go to gloomis website and you get a costomer service phone number. They have 2 options. the first is send your broken rod and they will replace it for around 25 to 30 bucks. This process may take a week of two. Or go with option 2. This option, you give them a credit card number and pay 50 bucks and they send you a new rod in like 2 days. When you get the new rod, you ship the broken one back using their package, no questions asked. If for some reason you don't send the broken rod back to them they will charge your credit card for the new rod. I used option 2 earlier this year and 50 bucks is not bad to replace a 345 dollar rod. The rod was at my door in 2 days.

3. they dont need a receipt or anythng? and does it matter how broke it is? Mine is broke all the way down to the first guide before the handle, and the other pieace is 30 feet down in a lake, will they still take the piece I have?

4. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

They won't need a receipt and you don't have to explain what happened either. Everything can be done over the web if you use the $50 express method and you don't even need to call. I've used the warranty a couple of times.

5. I completely agree with Marshall and Reel Man, they are right on. I have used the same #2 option twice now and the new rod is there before you know it. It's incredibly simple. One of the rods I broke putting in to the car so as far as how they break it really doesn't matter at alll. For as much as I love their rods the $50 is completely worth it. I haven't bought another brand since I bought my first one 6 years ago