close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G-Loomis Crankbait Rod???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by soua0363, Jul 18, 2007.

1. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

Wondering if anyone has had a chance to use the G-Loomis Crankbait rod...I am really thinking about getting the 7'-6" medium action as part of my next setup. I want to pair it with the Daiwa X-HSD-F baitcaster. I know its expensive but I figure I would go kind of all out as my "last" combo purchase. Any inputs would greatly be appreciated.

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I have used the 6'3" rod and it is really a GREAT crankbait rod! Yes pricey, but it is the best one out there IMO.

3. I use G.Loomis crankbait rods for all of my moving baits (cranks, spinners, topwater). I have the 783, 845, 756, and plan to get the 847. The 756 is my absolute favorite rod for crankbaits, or BIG topwater lures! This rod probably gets more use than all of my other rods combined. I’ve often considered buying a 2nd 756 so that I can keep one rigged with a spinnerbait/one with a crankbait at all times. You did not indicate what lures you want to use with the rod, but for anything other than very small crankbaits, I would move up to at least med-heavy with the loomis crankbait line.

4. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

I use mainly 1/4 ounce to 3/4 ounce crankbaits. Recently, I have been using the Rapala DT6 alot. I do more shallow to medium depth cranking that is why I was looking at the 7'-6" medium. Right now, I am using a Bass Pro Woo Daves Extreme Crankbait 7'-0" medium action. It works pretty well and does the job well but I think the tip is too fast.