close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Future Kevin Van dam - how does a child get started?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by woodysoutdoors, Sep 2, 2007.

1. I have a question? My daughter is 7 yrs old. She is a very good fisher girl. I call her my catfish queen. Anyway, do to the fact that she has medical restrictions she can not participate in many sports. However, fishing is one sport she can do and loves to do. She would rather fish that do anything else.

I once watched kevin van dam win the bassmasters classic a couple yrs ago. I like Kevin.

Anyway, how can I get my daughter into this sport? so she can fish and grow up and be like Kevin. I know it takes lots of money and sponsors right?

Are their any kids/jr bassmaster organizations out there? How does one go about preparing or actually participating now? Is she too young to start now? She seems to be very good at catching bass and catfish and always out fishes all of us.

connie

2. I am not too familiar with kids tourney fishing, however I do remember seeing somewhere the B.A.S.S. juniors tourney results, there are probably many guys on here that can get you info that you need.

3. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

Woody yes their are Jr. Bassmasters thru the Ohio Federation Nation this is BASS we just finished up the tourny season for 2007 I will PM you my contact info I will do all I can to help you get your daughter involved I do know this. For the kids to advance out of the state to the JWC they need to be 12 years old dont let this slow her down look for CastingKids events around the area I am the Dir. for these events they are like the punt,pass,& Kick events except its flip pitch & cast I look forward to hearing from you
    Chris Lappert