Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last Friday I was fishing Presque Isle bay for smallies and we were doing quite well. My Buddy and I were both fishing with 2 rods at a time just drifting. I set the hook on a smallie and it came straight to the top for a couple splashes, it looked to be around 18" at that point. It decided to make a couple surges and run to the right and left a little, thus tangling into my other line I had thrown out. The price you pay for fishing 2 lines at one time... I got the fish in and it was a nice 4lb fish. As I'm unhooking the fish and putting it back in the water I started untangle my mess. I basically gave up and started pulling in the line by hand since it was so tangled when all the sudden I felt a couple jerks and some tugging! Surprised I was to find I had another smallie on that line and I was in a predicament. I had no choice but to pull that line so here I am with another nice smallie on the line and me pulling the line in by hand , it comes up to the top splashes around and I keep pulling. I'm glad it didn't make any strong surges at the boat cause that could have hurt the fingers! lol. I landed the fish at the boat. My partner and I grinned from ear to ear on that one, it was hilarious especially for him to watch me the whole time.

Anyhow, just wanted to tell you about that. Have a good safe weekend fishing everyone! Can't wait to get back up there Saturday.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts