Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a friend that was in a serious accident and I was going to offer a Perch Fest, because I have about 600 filets.

Can you sell and/or take donations for fish that you have caught on Lake Erie or is that illegal?

I thought I read somewhere that selling your fish was illegal.

Dale

·
Registered
102 Posts
You are good to go. ..all you would have to do is advertise it (however you plan on spreading the word) as a fundraiser with a admission fee generated for the cause. .. the perch is just the prepared dinner for said event and a bonus of the fundraiser persay...

·
Retired
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that what I thought, but I wanted it to be validated because you people have a great wealth of knowledge.

·
~~~~~~~~~
501 Posts
It's a good thing you do for your friend !
I truly don't know how they fry up 100's of fish at fish frys but thought I'd offer up how I do it. When I'm doing a fish fry for a lot of people (only 20 or so) I get the turkey fryer out and put 2-3 gallons of canola oil in it. I'll have the fish all breaded and ready layered on cookie sheets w wax paper. I can do an entire layer of a big cookie sheet all at once in about 2 minutes. By only keeping the pot half full I don't have any boiling over problems.
Good Luck with your fish fry and your friend !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts