close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fund Raiser Raffle/Presque Isle Bay

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Daddy, Jul 14, 2004.

1. OGF members and fellow ice fishermen. As the website grows, so do the costs. In an effort to pay off some debts, and maybe sock a little away for future events and outings, I'd like to offer up a trip as a prize for a raffle. Remember, it's not only a chance at a great trip on the ice, it's supporting Ohio Gamefishing as well. Here goes....

THE PRIZE: ICE FISHING TRIP TO PRESQUE ISLE BAY

I would provide the following:

Transportation, with me, to Presque Isle and back(I'll come pick you up, within reason. If not, we could meet somewhere. I live in Cuyahoga Falls)
    All ice tackle(rods, reels,bait, etc.)
    A shanty to share, with lantern(if you thin blooded types need it for heat :D )
    One nights stay at the El Patio Motel(either share room or a single, your choice)
    Dinner at the Quaker Steak and Lube(minus bar tab)
    And the opportunity to experience one of the best ice fishing destinations around, with an avid ice fisherman, me.

The winner would provide the following:

A valid PA fishing license for themselves (available at Gander Mtn)
    Enough warm clothes for a day and a half on the ice.

Now, as far as species goes we'd be fishing for, it would be all different kinds. Bluegills, perch, crappie, and steelhead all have been caught through the ice up there.

The trip would take place EARLY one Saturday morning, after reports of safe ice up there, and getting great catch reports, so we'd get into the fish. I'd shoot for late January or early February.

We would fish all day Saturday, have dinner Saturday night, fish Sunday until 1 or 2PM, then return home.

There must be a MINIMUM of 50 raffle tickets sold for this for it to work out. A minimum. I won't put a cut-off date on it now, but we need to get 50 sold. If we don't, your money would be refunded on the cut off date.

Now, those who are interested, PM me and I'll give you the details on how to pay for the raffle tickets. They are $5 each or 5 for $20. The drawing would be after safe ice and good catch reports are established.

You can order your tickets online here: www.ohiogamefishing.com/index.php?page=icetrip

Again guys, I'm trying to think of some creative ways to pay some bills around here. The proceeds go to supporting Ohio Gamefishing, it's debts, and future programs. We just announced the Erie outing (Huron Hawg Fest) and there are many more events in the planning stages. As they develop, I will let you know what they are, but let's just say it has a lot to do with "giving back" to the community.

Thank you for supporting Ohio Gamefishing.

2. Oh yeah, if you'd like to see pix from last year's fishing up there, go to my photo gallery. They're in there somewhere.

It'll be a BLAST!!!!

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Carl,

Any details on ticket prices, etc? I'd be interested buddy :)

4. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20.

PM me and I'll let you know how to enter.

Also, for anyone else, if you have any questions about Presque Isle, the accomodations, etc., let me know and I'll get you the answers.

5. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Big Daddy, I'll take 5 tickets.

6. Thanks Capt. Details in your PM's.

7. fishingwidow

fishingwidow big daddy's better half.

hey big daddy, if i buy a few tickets, and i win, do i have to fish, or can i just bring a book and relax without our kids?

8. Tell you what. I'll bring the fish home and you can clean them.

My wife thinks she's funny...LOL

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

yeaaaaa carl big man on line but we all know who will be cleaning and cooking them fish ;)

10. Nice post!!!!!! ;) I got a good giggle out of both of your remarks... :D You are very Lucky Carl,,,,,,,,,, :) And fishingwidow,,,
    Hang in there!!!! And Good Luck!!!!!! Great Idea Carl!!!!!! Stan

11. LOL! :D :D

Hey guys, support the site! Buy a ticket! PLEASE ensure my wife doesn't win!!! :eek:

Maybe if I said you guys WOULDN'T be in the same shanty as me...LOL. We can work out the details to whatever you guys want.

I know I posted this WAAAAAY early, but just wanted to get it started.

12. So far, only two members have entries in the hat. It'll be a great trip!

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

big daddy i will take the 5 for $20 send me the info

14. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

Hey Big Daddy,

It is never to early to talk about going ice fishing!!! :) PM me how to pay.

Great idea,
    PL..........

15. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I will take 5 tickets myself. Please send me the info!!

16. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

If the raffle is still going on, how can I get in? If not, how 'bout a volunteer to show me the ropes at Presque Isle.

17. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

PM big daddy, he'll take care of you!

18. Probably next week, we'll move all the info to the front page, dates and all. Yes, it's still going on and will continue through the first week of February.

19. If the raffle is still open, PM me on how to get signed up and pay up. Thanks.