Ohio Game Fishing banner

Fun Fishing does anyone do it any more

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Captain Kevin 
#1 ·
I like to fish I don't really care what kind of fish I catch.I don't keep more than I can eat that day. I guess I could run down to the river or lake catch my limit in a hour or so and run home .we did that yesterday at the lake from the time we left the dock until the time we were back at the fish cleaning station 1 1/2 hours . cleaned 16 fish and went home the guys i fished with could not answer why we were in such a hurry to get home other than brag how fast we got our limit. we ended up playing cards the next 8 hours.in the house..we had all winter to set in the house.

#2 ·
Durning the run I'll admit I am a meat hunter, myself, the wife and 3 kids eat alot of walleye on the grill.(yummy) When the run is over I almost never keep any fish unless my son gets into some nice gills. I'll let him keep some, he thinks its pretty cool to eat what HE caught. We fun fish all summer long.

#3 ·
I've only been to the river twice this year. First time it was ugly and nasty out no fish. I went down yesterday and got 4 easy. I did enjoy and have fun feeling the fish and setting the hook and reeling them in. I guess I was in a hurry to get out of the river because the idea of C&R when I'm fishing with a thousand other people personally isn't fun. I didn't go today cause even catching 4 in a Sat. am crowd is anything but fun.

I'll have fun when the white bass are in thick and I'm pretty much the only person around. I have an absoulute blast catching nice smallies all summer long which are all C&R. There is not much better than watching the sun come up on the river and smallies smashing your top water plug.:)

And even when the fishing is slow for crappie, catching a slab like this was most definitly fun.

The answer is, yes. I do have fun fishing.

#5 ·
My favorite fishing is going to Canada every year and catching everything, smallies, largemouth, walleye, pike, perch, gills, maybe even a musky. Stay up there for a week, try to catch as many different fish in a day, sit on the boat, relax and enjoy the scenery. Sure, we might keep a couple eyes and some perch to eat up but everything else is released. That's my version of fishin for fun!

#6 ·
My favorite fishing is going to Canada every year and catching everything, smallies, largemouth, walleye, pike, perch, gills, maybe even a musky. Stay up there for a week, try to catch as many different fish in a day, sit on the boat, relax and enjoy the scenery. Sure, we might keep a couple eyes and some perch to eat up but everything else is released. That's my version of fishin for fun!
where in Canada I do the same did not make it last year, could not get anyone to go..We Ice fished Nippissing this year was not all that good weather was bad

#8 ·
Fun fishing is every time I go fishing.... I keep crappie in the spring and other than that, am strickly c&r......Especially smallies....THEY ARE WAY TOO FUN TO CATCH for people to wipe them out...!!! they are incredible fighters.

#9 ·
Whatever the fishing, looking for a limit or not, when I can get out it is for the day, whether we "limit" in an hour or 8 hours. Today we went to Erie and much like yourself we limited by 0800 and then proceeded to fish until about 1400.:D It's not everyday that you get the chance to spend time with family, friends doing something you love!

#10 ·
All fishing is fun. I even have a blast catching trout in Pearson park. It's a hoot watching my son catch anything. I don't mind the river on weekdays. Most of the people I meet there are good folks. I started flyfishing last year, and I think that's what I'll be doing mostly this year. I have fun either fishing alone or with other people.

I've also been reading up on carp fishing. Say what you want, but I don't think there's a harder fighting fish to be found in this area. I can't wait to take the kid down to the river carpin' like we used to years ago in Rossford.

#11 ·
I have gone to lake panache and other lakes around there, but this year going to Nippissing this june. Hopefully we will have better luck!
we had our best luck on what they call the south shore.we fished the far end at Laverne in June it was not all that good it is shallow and the water had warmed up and fish moved on,I guess it is like any other place weather dependant. Hope you miss the black flies they sure can be a problem

#12 ·
We fished the jig bite Sunday at Turtle Creek and was done with our limit in 2 hours. Then we C & R'd for another 4 hours. We threw back more than we kept because it was fun, we were in no hurry to get back to reality, and was still just plain old fun!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.