Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the wife and son to my new favorite fishing hole this evening. Night started a little slow with a bunch of small white bass and channels, but the night got better when my wife caught a fish she could not ID. Turned out to be her first Saugeye. Few minutes later son pulls his own 15 inch Saugeye. Than he lands a fish ohio white bass at 16 inches. Next wife pulls a lmb and son lands smb. Neither were big but still fun on light tackle. I have to admit it did not feel good to be out fished by the wife and son.
Next we had to cross some rough water and we owe a thanks to acklac who helped point out the best way to cross. He should get props for standing up to some people netting fish. We also called odnr poachers number also to report the event.
We did hit one last spot and my sons line got hammered turned out to be his new pb Saugeye at 20 inches. I was really in the dumps at this point, but next cast paid off with my new pb Saugeye, 18 inch fattie. I know not very big but before Friday we only had 4 Saugeye under our belts. After tonight we caught 11 this weekend. Turned out to be an awesome evening with the family.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Took the wife and son to my new favorite fishing hole this evening. Night started a little slow with a bunch of small white bass and channels, but the night got better when my wife caught a fish she could not ID. Turned out to be her first Saugeye. Few minutes later son pulls his own 15 inch Saugeye. Than he lands a fish ohio white bass at 16 inches. Next wife pulls a lmb and son lands smb. Neither were big but still fun on light tackle. I have to admit it did not feel good to be out fished by the wife and son.
Next we had to cross some rough water and we owe a thanks to acklac who helped point out the best way to cross. He should get props for standing up to some people netting fish. We also called odnr poachers number also to report the event.
We did hit one last spot and my sons line got hammered turned out to be his new pb Saugeye at 20 inches. I was really in the dumps at this point, but next cast paid off with my new pb Saugeye, 18 inch fattie. I know not very big but before Friday we only had 4 Saugeye under our belts. After tonight we caught 11 this weekend. Turned out to be an awesome evening with the family.
HA!, by the time I got finished reading the first paragraph I was like "Hey! I think I saw them tonight!"

Also Im almost certain that big "white bass" was a Hybrid Wiper, it looked awful dark to me. I got a few cigar Saugeye and lost one about 20", have a feeling you picked up where I left off, I knew I should have stayed.

Also the spot where you were about to cross at is where one of my buddies ditched all his gear and busted his knee, it's nasty through there...

In regards to the poachers, I swore I saw them with gamefish on the bank, although I really couldn't tell if they were keeping them or not, at any rate it they definitely weren't throwing them back immediately, so I too went and called 1-800-Poacher.

Im sure i'll see you around, tell your son he's a lucky kid to have both his mother and father take him wading...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts