Fun day at Clear fork

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by otis733, May 29, 2008.

1. otis733

otis733 outdoorsman

A couple friends and I were able to go down to the clear fork branch of the Mohican, we had a lot of fun and caught decent numbers of all species including this prize for the day!

Attached Files:

2. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

wow man great catch!! my dream fish! a brownie!! I can't wait to hit up the clear asap!!!

3. what a beast! nymphing? dries? man i'm pumped for the weekend now

4. LORDY!! I thought you had to fly into some place exotic to catch a brown like that!! I always get the Mohican and the Kokosing mixed up. I'll do some "googling". Echoing LK, nymphs? Dries?

5. Utard

Utard

Dude, looks like you guys had a pretty decent time. Very nice fish for the 'Fork. Maybe it'll start swingin back up to what I've heard it used to be. Was the fishing pretty quick or did you really have to work for them?
    It seems that the river smallies in Central OH are pretty active now and if you can find em, it doesn't take much convincing. Did that seem to be the case on the Fork?

6. otis733

otis733 outdoorsman

we were using nymphs, primarily, this guy i saw sitting at the end of a down log, he kept flashing and wouldn't take the prince nymph i offered a large stone fly to him and he crushed it. but we caught our share on the prince nymphs

7. Great catch, heard of good fish being caught there never seen one till now.
    Good job to you and your friends!!

8. Very nice brown..Congrats on a great trip. Those big browns are there, but they are NOT easy. Personally, my largest there was a brown I lost close to hand, but much smaller than yours...probably a 15 incher. Mine had taken a klinkhamer.
    Mike

9. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Very Nice! for Ohio!!:)