Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
don't worry boys and girls, our illustrious fearless leader was just on :poop: gas tax holiday gonna save you a whopping .18 cents a gallon and deplete the road repairs fund to the tune of about $10M a day ... AND he wants all the state to do the same, cut another .30 cents / $16M a day so it would get it down to only $2.50 more than before he took over :ROFLMAO: AND the road repair funds taking $26-27M A DAY hit out of that budget ... that's like $800M a month :oops: for the 90 days he's proposing that's around $2.5 TRILLION we won't be using on the roads o_O pretty soon it will add up to enough so that somebody notices :unsure:
Soon to follow will be another “build back better plan” 10’s of trillions will be needed to fix our roads. It’s a big circle jerk folks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For our household, ~120 gallons of fuel per month will save us a whopping $22 per month. Cause and affect with road maintenance funds in the red will mean more 3rd world road conditions all over the US. Big price to pay in the long term for what sure seems to be a political stunt to bring up ratings for the midterms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
At the risk of being redundant, I'll say it again. The amount produced in Biden’s first year exceeds the average daily amount produced under Trump from 2016 to 2018, according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. How far back do you want to go?
And we are to assume that the U.S. Energy Information Administration data provided under the current leadership in Washington DC is correct ? LMFAO

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
They are playing us like a cheap violin :mad: I remember when the truckers stopped where they were at on the spot for 24 hrs in protest of fuel cost The rich get richer off the regular everyday slobs IMO

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Federal gas tax 18 cents, federal diesel tax 24 cents per gallon. Ohio gas tax 38.5 cents per gallon, Ohio diesel tax 47 cents per gallon. This is why the government want high fuel prices. This is pure profit for both governments. Anyone with more time and math skills wanna figure out how much money they are making per day at $5/gal?

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
At the risk of being redundant, I'll say it again. The amount produced in Biden’s first year exceeds the average daily amount produced under Trump from 2016 to 2018, according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration. How far back do you want to go?
Fake news

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Federal gas tax 18 cents, federal diesel tax 24 cents per gallon. Ohio gas tax 38.5 cents per gallon, Ohio diesel tax 47 cents per gallon. This is why the government want high fuel prices. This is pure profit for both governments. Anyone with more time and math skills wanna figure out how much money they are making per day at $5/gal?
They are making the same no matter what the cost per gallon. If the tax is a set amount per gallon, their profit per gallon never changes.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
What our current president is betting on is the congress will not pass the gas tax relief. That way he can say he tried to lower the prices but the republicans stopped it. I’m watching the local news in Columbus and they are doing a poll and 71% of the respondents are against the 18 cents tax cut.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
You don't remember the Big Dummy saying he was going to shut down the oil companies?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
No one listened or cared what the threats were. Just get a new guy in there. Peoples feelings were hurt. Now it’s your pocketbook that’s getting hurt. Terrible decisions by some.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
What our current president is betting on is the congress will not pass the gas tax relief. That way he can say he tried to lower the prices but the republicans stopped it. I’m watching the local news in Columbus and they are doing a poll and 71% of the respondents are against the 18 cents tax cut.
Because it would only be opening the door for further changes by the current administration.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Was in Canada last week, gas is over $6 a gallon, USD. Selling for $2-$2.15 per liter with a conversion rate of 79% at the moment. Canada has plenty of oil of course, yet the price is even higher than here. It's high all over the world, not just here. Gotta love all the conspiracy theories and armchair economic analysis.
Pssst, gas is a world commodity. 😉 Just thought I'd let you in on a little secret. If you do t understand what that means and how it reflects worldwide prices, ask an adult.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If it was just the fuel issues maybe we could give the big guy a pass BUT everything this admin has touched has been a giant cluster weel you know the rest.They have taken the world's best country and turned it into a 3rd world country and we have 2.5 more years of this madness to go I just hope we can survive till this administration in its entireity is replaced!!! For the sake of this nation use your brain come Nov and again in 2024!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
for 4 years we were told that 45 was trying to be a dictator, well step back and take a good look at what a dictatorship looks like. this gas tax holiday is nothing more than the dictator telling us peasants that we have suffered enough so we will give you a little break. and when that holiday gas tax is lifted you can bet gas will cost more than it is now

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
LOL, the downfall of the greatest country in the history of the word after less than two years all engineered by a half dead ineffectual president?

Sounds a LOT like Biden derangement syndrome.

Ever think….Maybe, just maybe…that partisan propaganda on both sides is working in concert for the single purpose of further entrenching the political class in wealth and power.

NOPE……it is all the D’s/R’s fault, choose a side. LOL…..looks like it just keeps working.

261 - 280 of 280 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.