Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Was in Canada last week, gas is over $6 a gallon, USD. Selling for $2-$2.15 per liter with a conversion rate of 79% at the moment. Canada has plenty of oil of course, yet the price is even higher than here. It's high all over the world, not just here. Gotta love all the conspiracy theories and armchair economic analysis.
What...are you saying?
You mean it's not part of "the plan" (whatever that is) or the rich people trying to eliminate the middle class and hold the working man down.
Seriously, I figured limits in refining ability probably contribute as much to the problems in higher prices than the oil availability.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Why is gas so high priced all over the world. What do you suppose happened to make it go so high all over.
Pretty simple to me. Russia is one of the top 3 oil producing countries in the world. That supply has been disrupted. Then, starting in 2021, we started coming out of the COVID induced gasoline price reductions, because we all started driving alot more. This year, travel really took off. Then there's China--we (and other Western countries) have given a lot of money to China in the form of imports. As they have become richer, that money has to be spent somewhere--on cars, factories, etc. All of it consumes energy and forces prices higher. Lastly, oil is a global market. What happens in the world drives our prices, because oil produced in this country will be sent to the place that's willing to pay the most for it.

No politician wants what's happening right now to gasoline prices. I've seen all the EV arguments, etc. It's all BS. The reason: every politician knows that if they're blamed for what's happening right now, they won't be around long enough to accomplish anything.

Spare me the complicated conspiracy theories; they don't make sense and we shouldn't be so eager to believe them or spread them. I mentioned Occam's Razor above, which essentially means the simplest explanation is probably correct. Old sayings that illustrate the concept---"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck. Not a goose disguised as a duck that infiltrated the flock." and "If you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras."

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
In a free market prices should be controlled by supply and demand. If that is true then high prices indicate low supply, yet I have not seen a single sign that says, "Out Of Gas" at any station. One other reason remains, false manipulation by those supplying the gas. However, the fact that the US is now producing a lot less crude domestically and companies are buying crude off the world market does affect world wide pricing. So Biden's executive orders that shut down so much crude production in the US can certainly affect the whole world. Oh, now I remember, it's all Putin's fault. It is true that without Russian Oil Europe is now looking to the Mediterranean markets. The only people in the world smiling is the middle east sheiks..

What I don't understand is why Biden insist on keeping all the production he shut down offline. If it's a world wide problem then shouldn't the US be contributing as much as possible. According to the talking heads we had excess crude before he locked up so many oil fields. Now, I agree we only know what we are told and we have no way of knowing the absolute truth. The only truth we know is it's damn expensive to fill up a tank and to buy groceries

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The dollar is worth less now than last year which means it takes more to get the same things it used to. This contributes to SOME of the rise in price.

·
Registered
817 Posts
However, the fact that the US is now producing a lot less crude domestically and companies are buying crude off the world market does affect world wide pricing."
This does not appear to be true. The USA produced 11.185 million barrels of crude oil per day in 2021, compared with 11.283 million a year earlier under Trump. That's less than 1% difference. The amount produced in Biden’s first year exceeds the average daily amount produced under Trump from 2016 to 2018, according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

You're reaching for a conspiracy that does not exist. What we're seeing IS global supply and demand. Demand IS greater than supply. And we WILL see shortages if it continues. Bank of America at the end of May: "U.S. oil inventories are already 14% below their five-year average, BofA notes, while distillates (like diesel) are 22% below."

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
I'm sorry but when the powers that be say they've done all they can to lower gas prices, we all know it's a lie. Simply open the U.S. supply back open to the level it was a few years ago. I don't have a college education but it's pretty simple, and quit blaming everything on Putin. The gas prices are right where they want them to be at this time.
More can be done to help us out.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
This does not appear to be true. The USA produced 11.185 million barrels of crude oil per day in 2021, compared with 11.283 million a year earlier under Trump. That's less than 1% difference. The amount produced in Biden’s first year exceeds the average daily amount produced under Trump from 2016 to 2018, according to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

You're reaching for a conspiracy that does not exist. What we're seeing IS global supply and demand. Demand IS greater than supply. And we WILL see shortages if it continues. Bank of America at the end of May: "U.S. oil inventories are already 14% below their five-year average, BofA notes, while distillates (like diesel) are 22% below."
So how did the world go around before all this crap?..there is NOTHING different than before covid or a war or anything else...we all traveled before, we're all traveling now, and alot of us never stopped traveling at all through the whole thing...the demand was there before...supply was always there wether it was used or not...you can't blame it on demand 'now.'..it's deeper than that...
And like stated...I've yet to see a 'out of gas' sign at a station...you never will.
I wish everything was as easy to figure out as you seem to think...

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
So how did the world go around before all this crap?..there is NOTHING different than before covid or a war or anything else...we all traveled before, we're all traveling now, and alot of us never stopped traveling at all through the whole thing...the demand was there before...supply was always there wether it was used or not...you can't blame it on demand 'now.'..it's deeper than that...
And like stated...I've yet to see a 'out of gas' sign at a station...you never will.
I wish everything was as easy to figure out as you seem to think...
Speaking of an, Out of gas sign, what would you say if you found out that the Flying J truck stops were told to basically cut their diesel ordering by 26%? Here's their CEO telling us about it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
A buddy was in PA last weekend,
noticed car needed oil, was at a Kwik stop or what ever, but NEEDED oil, Pd $9.17 for a quart!
he thought holy sheet!
so, he figured, he better get more, in case, went to a auto parts store it was $9.25

i guess i haven’t bought oil for awhile !!!

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,624 Posts
Hmmmm??? I wonder why all of Europe and many other countries have had insanely high fuel prices for decades?
The price of fuel in Venezuela today is 83 cents a gallon USD. There is a war on fossil fuel in this country, that is clear. In fact, "someone" has been filmed saying it proudly

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
I'm not saying all of it, only...
  • Forcing employers with a 100 or more employees to fire those not vaccinated
  • Waging war on fossil fuels
  • Created the worst border crisis in U.S. history
  • The 1.9 trillion on social spending, disguised as, "covid 19 relief" helped send us into inflation and extreme labor shortages
  • Was responsible for our shameful withdrawal from Afghanistan
  • and speaking of shortages...
I'll climb down off my soapbox now. Y'all have a good day.

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,435 Posts
don't worry boys and girls, our illustrious fearless leader was just on :poop: gas tax holiday gonna save you a whopping .18 cents a gallon and deplete the road repairs fund to the tune of about $10M a day ... AND he wants all the state to do the same, cut another .30 cents / $16M a day so it would get it down to only $2.50 more than before he took over :ROFLMAO: AND the road repair funds taking $26-27M A DAY hit out of that budget ... that's like $800M a month :oops: for the 90 days he's proposing that's around $2.5 TRILLION we won't be using on the roads o_O pretty soon it will add up to enough so that somebody notices :unsure:

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
don't worry boys and girls, our illustrious fearless leader was just on :poop: gas tax holiday gonna save you a whopping .18 cents a gallon and deplete the road repairs fund to the tune of about $10M a day ... AND he wants all the state to do the same, cut another .30 cents / $16M a day so it would get it down to only $2.50 more than before he took over :ROFLMAO: AND the road repair funds taking $26-27M A DAY hit out of that budget ... that's like $800M a month :oops: for the 90 days he's proposing that's around $2.5 TRILLION we won't be using on the roads o_O pretty soon it will add up to enough so that somebody notices :unsure:
I think I read where eliminating that tax for the summer would save somebody driving a new F150 with EcoBoost, a whooping $35.00!!!

241 - 260 of 280 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.