Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depending on the source, at current consumption rates, we have several hundred years oil supply in the Appalachian basin under our feet in Ohio, WV, and PA alone. Not including all the other shale basins in the US, or deeper formations that haven't been explored yet. All we need to do is get it out of the ground. There's a lot to that process, and many steps along the way to get product to market but that should be THE plan to balance energy prices and our economy. Production companies are very quick and efficient at drilling new wells with modern tech and decades of experience. The refinery piece may be a bottleneck at the moment, but can be overcome with the right regulatory environment that supports safe, prudent, environmentally friendly refining for our nation's energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
My previous post is what needs to happen. I agree the entities pulling the strings are not out of touch, they have things right where they want them. I used to think the world economic forum didn't and would not have any appreciable control over the USA but seeing in plain site what's going on, and listening to their proclamations they make publicly now it's pretty obvious this is all part of a global plan.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Depending on the source, at current consumption rates, we have several hundred years oil supply in the Appalachian basin under our feet in Ohio, WV, and PA alone. Not including all the other shale basins in the US, or deeper formations that haven't been explored yet. All we need to do is get it out of the ground. There's a lot to that process, and many steps along the way to get product to market but that should be THE plan to balance energy prices and our economy. Production companies are very quick and efficient at drilling new wells with modern tech and decades of experience. The refinery piece may be a bottleneck at the moment, but can be overcome with the right regulatory environment that supports safe, prudent, environmentally friendly refining for our nation's energy.

I spent my last 16 years working with Ohio producers. Total of 34 years in the gas and oil industry.

Get the frivolous lawsuits by the "environmentalists" out of the way, and let these companies do what they know how to do.

Sure, there are bad players. Prosecute them and leave the good operators be.

You don't typically find more environmentally astute folks than hunters and fisherman.

I support new technology, but all the solar and wind projects are just stop-gap measures until they make the real switch to hydrogen fuel. I probably won't see it in my lifetime, but a hydrogen economy is the only real answer.

For today:

Map Ecoregion World Botany Natural environment

·
Registered
169 Posts
RossN, I was thinking the exact same thing, hydrogen, the most abundant element. Did an experiment in school some 50 years ago !!!!!!!
Took water and split it into oxygen and hydrogen, hydrogen exploded and oxygen burned.

Huh, a car than runs on water, sounds hard to believe, IT RUNS ON HYDROGEN.

·
Registered
888 Posts
It is all talk. we could have had a lot of progress in this country. Big bisness would not allow it. I, case you have not figured out by now, we are channeled, in the way we are going to live. when I was in the 4 th grade, I remember reading, in the future we are going to have selfe service gas stations. how do you think some one knew that in 1957. Manny years ago. I kept hearing about, you TV. will look like a picture, hanging on the wall. Heard that many, years, before it happened. Relax, sit back. Nothing you can do about it. It is all in the plan. Sad to say, with both. Dems and Rep

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I’ve thought about a pneumatic car
Runs on air
A couple 1” impacts on back wheels and a couple oxygen bottles under neath
2 alternators in front to charge batteries to build pressure in morning if needed
Once moving compressors to resupply tanks
I think it would move a small car
Just a weird idea

·
Registered
465 Posts
T bone Pickens a few years ago had the best stop gap measure instead of electric, natural gas. We have lots of it, cleaner than oil, and existing vehicles could be converted and would buy time for hydrogen or better batteries to be developed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Free market capitalism is what drives and should drive new products in the marketplace. That's what our country was founded on. If EV's were superior in range, price, reliability, longevity, service life, operating cost, etc. more people would willingly purchase them because they are simply the better option. For some, that may be now. For most, ICE powered vehicles fit their needs better. I find it mind boggling how energy dense one gallon of gasoline is. One gallon can propel a 1 1/2 ton vehicle upwards of 40 miles. Or one gallon of diesel propelling a 3 1/2 ton truck upwards of 30 miles. Imagine how far a team of 10 strong men could push that same car or truck? Like a lot of the wonderful resources we have access to, most folks take it for granted. It's an incredibly powerful resource and our government doesn't want we the people to have access to it any longer. Ironically the federal govt is the largest consumer of oil and gas products. I find this artificial record setting price increase, and our leaders formal response of 'go buy an EV', and, 'there's nothing else we can do' repulsive at best.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
....If EV's were superior in range, price, reliability, longevity, service life, operating cost, etc. more people would willingly purchase them because they are simply the better option.
There it is!!

Any product needing government subsidy/regulation in order to succeed has already failed the test of public demand.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,373 Posts
EV are a joke. Takes hours and hours of heavy equipment operation to mine the minerals that make those batteries. That heavy equipment burns through a MEGA ton of gasoline! Then, the batteries are NOT recyclable. So, that toxic crap will sit in a landfill somewhere for a billion years!

Saving the planet my ass!!

It's about money!

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
EV are a joke. Takes hours and hours of heavy equipment operation to mine the minerals that make those batteries. That heavy equipment burns through a MEGA ton of gasoline! Then, the batteries are recyclable. So, that toxic crap will sit in a landfill somewhere for a billion years!

Saving the planet my ass!!

It's about money!
...and control.

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Was in Canada last week, gas is over $6 a gallon, USD. Selling for $2-$2.15 per liter with a conversion rate of 79% at the moment. Canada has plenty of oil of course, yet the price is even higher than here. It's high all over the world, not just here. Gotta love all the conspiracy theories and armchair economic analysis.
Gas has been higher north of the border for the past 25 years.

221 - 240 of 280 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.