Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Sucks my boy finally came up from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina over memorial weekend. First time he’s made the trip since February. Cost him $250 to drive up one way! Granted he’s 19 and has to have 35’s on his Silverado but still that’s just insane. I made sure to pay his gas for the drive home. He’s planning on coming back home for the 4th but not sure at over a dollar more per gallon. He’s a Marine so makes less than $20k per year, go figure.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Diesel is $5.49 at one station, $5.99 at another 1/4 mile away. The gov't doesn't give one 💩 about our bank accts so nothing will change. This is a global push to get the US on even ground with the rest of the world as far a prices go.
Actually the government does give a 💩 about our bank accounts. That’s why they are wanting the banks to give them our info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oil companies making record profits, plain and simple greed. Spigots are not shut off by anyone but big f….ing oil. If a pipeline that never flowed a drop, gets stopped, cannot effect production. I don’t care which Moran is in office, only one entity controls pricing big greedy corporate oil. Never let a storm, a hurricane, a holiday , or even a war get in the way of profits.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Oil companies making record profits, plain and simple greed. Spigots are not shut off by anyone but big f….ing oil. If a pipeline that never flowed a drop, gets stopped, cannot effect production. I don’t care which Moran is in office, only one entity controls pricing big greedy corporate oil. Never let a storm, a hurricane, a holiday , or even a war get in the way of profits.
ah...no. not even close.
basic supply and demand says you're 100% wrong.
if demand stays constant and more oil were to come through via the keystone pipeline, the pipeline that has been shut off in MI, and the pipeline proposed by Manchin in VA and West VA.....you bet your A*S prices would fall dramatically.
note: i didn't mention fracking and i didn't say that I'm in favor of all the above.....but an increased supply would absolutely drop prices....even though OPEC is an Oligopoly.
and if you don't think the "progressives" are doing this on purpose, you're not paying attention.
high gas prices makes "going green" more attractive....even though that movement is largely based on lies.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The reasons for what's happening right now are complex, even though folks would like a single reason that could be fixed immediately to make it all go away. Biden's announced policies play a role. The Ukraine war plays a role. Oil companies play a role, although it's capitalism not greed that drives them. Covid played a role, at least in terms of previously suppressing demand, which in turn suppressed production. Right now, we've got a perfect storm. Conspiracy theories are BS for the most part. This article in Kiplinger, a source I respect, makes sense to me and seems to explain alot of what's happening. Why Are Gas Prices Still Going Up? | Kiplinger

1 - 20 of 280 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.