close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FS: Motorguide ST170 Trolling motor - $30

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by SwollenGoat, Oct 11, 2005.

1. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

0   0   0

I have a small transom mount Motorguide Stealth ST170 trolling motor. Everything is in good working shape - was only used as a backup and on a friend's canoe. Unit is 20# thrust with a low/high switch, 12-volt - no reverse. Would make an excellent motor for a canoe or small aluminum boat with a 15" transom. I'll try to post some pics soon, I live near Hoover reservoir and would be happy to meet someone around there if interested.

I'll try to get some pics up here later today.

$30 or might be willing to trade for something???

2. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

0   0   0

Was the 20# thrust adequate for your canoe? Did you mount this directly on to the canoe, even if it was not a flat back? Did the thrust get you around on any rivers with current. Thanks, Ted

3. SwollenGoat

0   0   0

His canoe didn't have a flat back - so he mounted it on one of the sides in the rear and used blocks of wood inside and out for support. He said it worked well enough as it was just him and his fishing gear and a 12-volt battery. He even used it once to get around on Hoover. I don't think I'd fight any rapids, but on most gentle streams, ponds or lakes I would think it would be fine. I used it once myself on a farm pond with a 10' aluminum john. Much better than rowing, and easily pushed me and the boat around even in a stiff wind.

BTW - I would like to mention this would also work fine on one of those plastic bass-buggy type boats also. This motor works like new, I would guess there is less than 20-30 hours of total usage on it.

4. SwollenGoat

0   0   0

Still available. Offers/trades? If not, this will probably go to fleabay... :D

5. SwollenGoat

0   0   0

-SOLD-

Thanks Big Chessie!