close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FS: '94 Blazer 4.3L Vortec

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Chuck P., Aug 27, 2007.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

0   0   0

I have for sale a '94 Blazer, 4WD. PW/PL,AC, am/fm cass player that actually works. All glass 100%. No Hitch.

Most of the details about this truck can be found in
    the Lounge area under "Any Blazer Mechanics". I wasn't sure if I should C & P that discussion here or not.

The Blazer has the 4.3L Vortec engine and the EGR is being replaced tomorrow morning. I'm also installing a screen type of gasket to help reduce the carbon buildup.

Popular belief is that the spider gear for the fuel injection system is bad. Not a hard fix, but it's going to cost a little for the part.

Local Dealer Price- $400 plus then add Labor.

"Rumored" Auto Parts Store Price- $180-$220 then do it yourself

4 bolts holding the phlem (sp?), remove and replace part from what I understand.

I'm currently off work, so I don't really have the extra to throw into this right now. The 4WD worked great this past winter.

The only other known problems are:

1. Drivers side power windows, front and rear. They seem to stop moving alot. New/Used window motors can't cost that much.

2. Rear Window- Hinge pin is missing and window shock needs replaced. Your call, I can fix first or not. It's easy.

3. Console lid doesn't close correctly. Not sure of replacement, It doesn't bother me too much :)

I'm sure a good tune up and a spider gear investment, this would be a good truck. Just before she acted up yesterday, I've driven this to Cincinnati, Beaver creek, and Vandalia without even thinking about it.

Come look at it, listen to it run (after I replace the egr tomorrow) and let's make a deal.

I personally think this is worth more than what I'm asking right now if I were to make all the repairs.

Asking $1400 with the rear hinge pin and shock replaced. Open to trades for running pick up truck, maybe an older car that runs.

Send me offers if interested..Thanks

2. LaDobasser

LaDobasser

0   0   0

Sounds like a good truck...if I hadn't just bought a 94 Blazer I would be in the market! These trucks will run forever. I'm just curious what's the mileage on yours?

3. Chuck P.

0   0   0

127K miles.

I priced the spider at a local Advance Auto Parts store yesterday, they list it for $298.

New price $1,000 FIRM.

4. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

0   0   0

any pics? and where are you located?

5. Chuck P.

0   0   0

I'm in Springfield. Right on I-70 between Dayton and Columbus.

I can post pics today (when the sun comes up a little).

6. Chuck P.

0   0   0

Here are a few pictures of the Blazer. I just took the plenum off, and it's definitely the spyder that has gone bad.

Attached Files:

7. Chuck P.

0   0   0

I hate to do this, but my Blazer is officially OFF THE MARKET.