Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Mercury 25 HP Long Shaft Tiller (electric start) for sale. The motor came on a boat that I recent bought and I am selling it to buy a bigger motor. I have had it out four times on the lake, and it runs very good with no issues. I replaced all of the seals, the impeller, and the lower gear lube (no metal or water present in the old gear lube) prior to the season. The motor starts right up and I have had no issues with it in the four times I have had it out. It also comes with a Stingray Hydrofoil Stabilizer.

There is a small chip out of the skeg that was present when I bought the boat. It does not affect performance.

I'm located in North Ridgeville, about 25 miles west of Cleveland.

$1700 OBO

This motor was posted for sale a few weeks ago, but the buyer fell through.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I noticed the Starter Dings also, I have been thinking of getting a 25 HP Motor for a 16' Boat I am looking at, figure I am putting the Horse before the Cart but when I get a Boat I will have a Motor :D
Can this be set up for Steering or do I have to get a Motor already set up for Steering ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a two stroke.

The scratches on the starter are purely cosmetic. In order to change the impeller and the seals, you have to disconnect the shift shaft to drop the lower unit. The shift shaft disconnect is directly behind the starter, so you have to remove that was well. In order to remove the starter, you need to take some bolts off which is how the starter gets scratched.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is still for sale.

Sorry for the slow response, I was on a fishing trip the past week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.