FS 1996 Mercuy 9.9 ML outboard motor FS

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by Frozentoze, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Frozentoze

Frozentoze

0   0   0

For sale is my 1996 Mercury Outboard Motor with the following characteristics:

2-stroke
    long shaft
    9.9 horsepower
    manual start (but an easy starter)
    remote configuration (no tiller)

History:
    Totally overhauled by a shop in 2004, used less than 20 hours of running time over the '04, '05 and '06 season. It had not yet been out in '07 when I lost my boat for the season to a fire. The motor was in the garage at the time (not on the boat), thankfully.

I used it as a replacement main motor on a 16.5' bass tracker. It pushed that boat 12 mph with just me and the dog, 7 mph loaded down with 3 people and gear. The 35 hp it replaced pushed the same boat 21 and 16mph respectively under the same conditions.

This motor ran flawlessly while I owned it. I had it on about half the year to fish low hp lakes and let the kids drive a little bit, and kept it in the garage the rest of the time, including garage kept winters. I no longer have the boat I used it on.

Damage / wear includes minor cosmetic scratches and one significant crack in the cowling (fiberglass cover). This occured when I bought it in 2004 - I silicone caulked it shut and it has been perfectly fine since. Refer to one of the pictures to see the crack and repair. Again, the cowling serves no mechanical purpose - its just the cover.

I started the motor up this spring to confirm it is still running smoothly. Seems fine. Pumped water well. I can email you a short camera video of the motor pumping water in my driveway. I am willing to do a driveway run test with water earmuffs for you upon pickup if the pictures and movie are not adequate for you.

There is no title - it is less than 10 hp. I can however provide my sales receipt to you from my purchase of it should you desire proof of ownership.

I have some extras as well - a seal kit and impeller that I kept on my shelf should I have needed them (never did), and the Clymer manual for this motor (never used, nothing ever needed done while I had it other than winterizing). Ill throw in a couple 16oz bottles of Quicksilver 2-stroke oil as well - I wont be needing it. Quicksilver is the mercury marine name brand. One bottle treated 6 gallons of gas (50:1), and 6 gallons would last me more than a month on this motor.

Controls are not included. It is a manual tilt, but the motor is light weight so the tilt is easy to manage.

Pictures below include:
    - a side view of the motor (fuel hose included - so is the beer box, but it is empty).
    - a back view of the motor (crack in cowling visible near the 9.9 logo)
    - the cover of the Clymer Manual
    - The seal kit
    - The impeller

More pictures, including ones with the cowling off and other angles, as well as a camera video clip of the motor pumping water and the motor starting cold on the first pull are available upon request if you give me your email address.

I live in Norton, OH, which is near Akron. I occassionally travel east toward PA as well. I am not considering shipping at this time, but if you really want it and need it shipped we can start a discussion.

$1000 OBO for the motor and the extras, you pick up. I plan to post on ebay a week from today if there is no interest, so after that time I will post the ebay auction number. I would much rather sell it here to a local guy like me, and one not likely to need shipping.

PM me with any questions or interest. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frozentoze

Frozentoze

0   0   0

3. Frozentoze

Frozentoze

0   0   0

Price reduced to $800 OBO now.

Its the right time to get this motor in the hands of someone who can use it and out of my garage, so Im not too interested in letting it linger on here at $1000 where it started.

Last price reducion before it goes to ebay next week.

Thanks.

4. slf

slf

0   0   0

I sent you a PM.

5. Frozentoze

Frozentoze

0   0   0

last bump.

6. Frozentoze

Frozentoze

0   0   0

Item has been sold. Thanks for the interest, OGF.

Also thanks Prez - honest, hassle-free, simple transaction. Pleasure doing business with him and he would be recommended buyer for future transactions.