Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9-27: I got to the ramp at 08:10, netted 2 small sucker for fresh bait. Sunny but cool headed up river to deep water.

There was an up river breeze that just kept getting stronger. At my first top I marked fish so I dropped my front anchor; by the time I tied it off the breeze had turned my boat sideways. I did try there for about 25 minutes but by then my boat was turned completely around. I was able to get out of wind at my 3rd spot near the Kentucky side of the river. I had both front and back anchors out for there was NO current to help keep the boat straight. I fished there about 30 minutes no action at all.

Headed down river to my favorite spot, once again the wind messed everything up. I tried one last spot near the bank of the Ohio side that I had hoped would be protected from the wind. White caps rocking my boat just too much, I gave up and head to the ramp at 12:15. The temperature was nice I would have stayed much longer if the river had been calm. A very frustrating day on the river!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like the wind wen it blows the leaves out of my yard, other than that I don't like it much. Also, and this is completely unrelated, I can remember as a child nibbling on purple crayons and just hating my life. Stupid school

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tie on a 5 gal bucket ,on a 20 ft rope . Usually straightens the boat out right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts