Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to pack up my fishing gear for this year. Right now I am hoping to get my boat in a barn for the winter time. No more trips with it this year. I will be bank fishing with my brother when it is decent weather.

This has been my worst year of fishing since I had a boat. I was skunked more time than I caught fish. My largest cat this year was a blue cat of only 6.5 pounds! My total catch was not much better, 9 channel cats, 2 blues and a sheep head perch. It was a frustrating year for the time & effort, with very little reward. Another year like this and I may just sell off the boat and hang it up!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Norb, sorry to hear about the bad year but as you know fish move around a bunch from year to year and its possible you just were not where they were, I know the last 4-5 years had been pretty bad for me but something clicked this year and I had a pretty good year but my partner Ryan seemed to have a particular bad year, same boat, same rigs, bait etc?? just the way it works sometimes, the slump can be broken. Im hopingf to fish the river real soon on a weekday, perhaps if you are available could join me and we can fish all around the Cinci area and maybe help you get out of the slump, No promises of course....LOL Ill send you a PM stay tuned.
Salmonid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts