close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

frozen cutbaits...?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by OhioAngler1, Sep 1, 2005.

1. OhioAngler1

OhioAngler1 Ohio Angler

Im going catfishing this weekend... And I was going to go today, and to catch some big creek chubs, and bluegill for cut bait.. I was wondering if you catch and cut the bait.. and freeze it, does it still work as good after its frozen?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Not as good but it will work..I would just put it in the fridge since it's so close to the weekend..Keep it in a cooler on ice while fishing.

3. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

If they set to long they will get all mushy & You cant get it to stick to the hook, Plus alot of the Oil's that are in the fish are not as good as they are when fresh.

Cat Mazter

4. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Heck you could probably keep them alive for that long.At least the gills cause they are pretty hardy. Try keeping fresh water in a big cooler in a cool place like your basement. Even add some ice cubes. you could also buy a cheap aerator for like 10 bucks. I have beter luck with live chubs and gills. You coud use the ideas from jack and mazter for the ones that die.

5. crap dude....Use them Live they will work better probably....Especially the chubs