Front Street Kayaking

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by WhoolyBugger, Sep 3, 2008.

1. WhoolyBugger

WhoolyBugger grateful thread

Anyone got a good put in spot for the Cuyahoga near downtown C. Falls? I always notice a small ramp on the right as I'm coming off the Broad Rd exit. Is this ramp accessable? Wanna fish that section where the river widens above the falls.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I always used to put in at the park on Front Street (east side of Rt 8) and paddled downstream. The area around the park has some deep water and good fisxxxhing.

3. thelatrobe33

thelatrobe33 Ohio Bassman

The only place around there I'm aware of is Waterworks Park, but it's upriver a ways. There's a pretty good ramp behind Lambert Buick/Pontiac, but it's owned by the city and not intended for public use. Also, I'd suggest Waterworks because it's far less turbulent up there. I've actually gotten stuck in a paddleboat near the car dealer and had to pull it out at the off limits ramp and pick it up with a truck. The water speeds up considerably under the overpasses down there where it may take every ounce of energy you have to make up any ground. There are plenty of pike and smallies around down there though.