close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Froggers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Walter Adkins, May 20, 2005.

1. I have located a few streams around me that have frogs in them. Come June me and my trusty light will be getting dinner. Anyone out there enjoy frogging?

2. dave hiwatt

dave hiwatt Fish fear me..... RIGHT

I just love going"fishing" for frogs. that's a blast. i like using lil stinker catfish lures (they really like the red ones) and A medium action pole. just cast close to a frog and make the bait twitch. they will jump on it every time. :p

3. catking

catking Banned

There is an area by me that holds hundreds of hugh frogs .......... I use to get them also by " fishin" for them with a rubber nightcrawler ............THE CATKING !!!

4. peon

peon account delete

i used to fish for them in my neighbors pond.. had a great time... havent done that in about 6 years!!! sounds good....

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

do you kill them before you cut the legs off? i think I gave one a heart attack once after we went fishin for em.

6. fishing for frogs, new idea for me. Sorry for the non hillbilly people out there. I grab the flash light and head to the nearest stream, pond or water. You get in and just walk. See a frog and shine the lite in its eyes to blind it. You grab it and put it in a sack. The next day you pull the frog out of the sack and proceded to take the back legs, oops getting a bit graphic. Anyway you have dinner. My dad started taking me when I was just a yungster and someday I will take my kids. Funny thing is my wife loves froglegs just can't stand to see them cooked.

7. I do not fish for them. I just grab a sack, flashlight and then hit the water. Some gig them I just use my hand. No I do not kill them before I take there legs off, my wife things that it is cruel. She also loves froglegs just can't stand to see them cooked.
    Anyone in my area that would like to try frogs just let me know. Come June I will be after them.

8. catking

catking Banned

I know most froggers do not kill them first before removing their legs. But I do :eek: I'm just a big old softy at heart..........Well , I used to. I haven't frogged in years............. THE CATKING !!!

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

has anyone used a .22 to hunt ofr them? i am pretty sure that is a legal means also.

10. I used to shoot them with a bow.Lots of fun..

11. We used to gig them when I was a kid, lots of fun.

It is NOT legal in Ohio to shoot them with anything but a longbow.

12. I practice C& R on all frogs!

Just kidding, If someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning…I’ll do the EATING! We used to catch them with small roostertails (or anything) dangled in the air in front of them. The big ones actually put up a pretty good fight if they can get into open water.

13. Take some pics of your catch...
    Been years for my cause there just are not enough around here to go after anymore...
    I use to use 22 shorts when I was a kid and we'd take 20 a night each tween 3-4 us easy back then...

14. Here's some Bullfrogs and some Green Frogs that I caught last summer. It's hard to find some good areas with access to Frogs. Let alone access to some big croakers.

[​IMG]

15. dnm

dnm

I used to from with my ruger 10/22. On private land of course. It is REALLY messy! I wouldnt recomend it!

16. rockbass

rockbass Banned

as a kid me and my buddy would catch a few on purpose with lures.....but I gig them when I go. I wish I had more places to get some larger ones. I also don't kill them before hand. If they die from the gig then so be it. I think it would be harder to kill them first without making a mess than just chopping their legs off. Kind of funny to watch the front half walk around after losing the legs :D I know kind of cruel too :eek:

17. Come mid June I will be going out and grabbing a few. I tell you what, if you guys want to plan another trip down the LMR I will bring enough frogs for all to sample. I am postive that the king can cook them along with his burgers. I will not fill you up though. I have my dad and all of his family to feed to, sorry but they rank above you guys. We have to look out for our elders :D

18. i think i an going to try that this year a couple of times anyone got any recipies but of course i will kill them before i chop off the legs

19. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Or get some really tiny crutches

20. why don't you guys kill them first?

I do like them cooked up like hot wings though no matter how you get the legs