close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Frogg Toggs......Any Oppinions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by j_blocker1, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Need a rain suit for a canoe trip, the top would hopefully be able to be packed in a fishing vest. I've seen frogg toggs and thought they were some what good, but could not find any posts here about them.

Anyone have them?

How have they been?

Any other brands worth looking at?

thanks

Jason

2. Love mine,they are easy to pack & lightweight!I have tried alot of others but they are the best for fishing--I think :rolleyes:

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i don't have any,but wish i did.everyone i know who has them,has the same opinion as truck.i'm sure you'll get plenty of other good revues.should be no problem packing the jacket in your vest.

4. Believe me when I say that I probably use my Frog Toggs ,more than the average individual since I am retired and get out two to three times a week. Mine are 5 or 6 years old and still do the job but are getting worn on the bottom of the pant legs and end of the sleeves. Figue I will get another one to two years out of them. The new ones are of heavier construction than mine and look great from a wear standpoint.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Rick, you don't need them. Your wife won't allow you out in the rain :D

6. I have to echo above statements. Absolutely the best rain gear I have ever bought.

Lightweight, packable, completely rainproof. The only downside is that they have very little insulating effect but I can easily put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants underneath to stay plenty warm during most fishing weather.

7. I just did a search on google and came up with several sites that sell them. I just hit, frog toggs rain gear. I have been looking for new rain gear, I might just try them.

8. I like my Frogg Todd's for warm weather rainy fishing.

I don't like them near as much my 100mph Rain Suit from Bass Pro Shops. 100Mph Rain suit is absolutely my best investment out of any of the fishing stuff I've ever purchased. 100Mph Rain suit though is expensive and also heavier for colder weather. You will NOT get wet in the 100mph suit for sure and the hood will stay on your head even when your going 50-70mph down the lake if you want it too.

I don't like the sleeve/cuff design on Frogg Todd's. It does let water in a little and then run down your arm.

Frogg Todd's also do what I call shedding, or atleast mine did over time. It basically gets to be really fuzzy looking after some heavy usage.

Overall though for 60 bucks you can get Frogg Todd's and they are a VERY lightweight and pack down to a very small size....this I do like.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I give them a 7 for keeping you dry.
    For packability and emergency rainsuit I give it a 9.

9. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Best investment I made for rain gear was the frog toggs. Used them for the first time at the Indianapolis 500 last year where an actual tornadoe came through and buckets upon buckets of rain came down. I didn't get wet. So I will have to say they are the best for the price.

flash-------------------------------------out

10. dip

dip dip

because billy gee-whiz has a set and i don't.

11. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I love my frog toggs, I've fished in downpours before and I stay dry and the guy I fish with wearing gore-tex always eventually gets soaked. Not to mention the price difference.

12. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

I love my frogg toggs cuz I have them and dip don't! The only thing I don't like about them is when you have the hood up and sit the jacket bottom comes up above the waist line sometimes and you can get wet there. Mine are even over sized for myself. My suggestion is to get the bib bottoms so that the jacket can rise up and have no worries. I would order bibs but I my pants are big enough to pull them up Urkel style up to my chest. Buy them, you won't be disappointed.

bill

13. I would have to agree with the majority of these posts. I have a pair and absolutley love them. Great rain wear for the price. If I had to do it over again, I would also get the bibs. They're not for ealry April, but June July August, downpours are no match for this rainsuit.

Eric

14. but I have experienced the wetback syndrome from sitting and the pants and top separating. The only thing I would change about my order is bibs for the pants. As TritonBill said, they are for warmer weather or layering but that is exactly why I like mine. They are very breathable and there have been times when I was fishing in rain, the rain stopped and I didn't realize I could take my Frogg Toggs off because they are so lightweight.

15. I have a pair of Frogg Toggs and they will keep you dry plus you don't get all sweaty underneath. The only problem I have with them is seem to rip easily. I ripped mine and I have no idea where or how. Usually you feel something catch you or hear the fabric rip. When I looked at them for the first time I thought to myself "your going to tear these somehow". When I first picked them up to take a look I noticedhow thin they was...which in my case is a good thing because I don't get cold easy. I had my wife sow mine and they seem to be good as new. I will buy another pair when then either give out or I rip them more than my wife can repair!

16. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i saw the elite series from frogg toggs and its too a great looking stuff.. cost abit more than the normal series.. packed into a small package.. just tougher all around..
    i wouldn't mind buying the regular one myself.. just because its light, and airy for summer use. :)
    LOL billygeewizz.. erkle style.. :D

17. To all of you that didn't buy the bibs and get a wet butt when sitting down. The simple solution is.....................DON"T SIT DOWN! :p :rolleyes: ;) :D

19. Action, I meant it's given me the most satisfaction. If your not warm and comfy when its raining and windy then your not going to enjoy it. I agree, they are really expensive and not sure I'd buy another one but I had gift certificates for over half the purchase!

Sure let's go fishing.. I'm ready!

20. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

dale,that's exactly why she won't buy me any :rolleyes: :D
    but in warm weather,i sneak out anyway,and just take a dry change of clothes :D