close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

frog gigging

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by truck, Jun 17, 2004.

1. I know they are not fish,has anyone been out yet.We plan on going Fri night for the first time.What a great cookout it will be in a couple weeks frog legs & fish on the grill :D

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

How do you get them to hold still long enough for you to gig them?

3. Shine a bright light in their eyes and they usually wont move at all. I have even picked them up with my hands. The light blinds them and I dont think I would be jumping around much if I couldnt see either:D

Hey truck, tell me when to be there! Sounds good.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Have not been out yet myself but plan on trying to find a chance to go. Frog legs and fish. Some damn good eatin!

Almost forgot. Now all you need is some fried turtle. That would make it complete!

5. I was at at pond yesterday and caught a nice one on a jig. I showed it to the kids and released it. I heard about 6 more croaking at dusk.

6. catking

catking Banned

Hey truck- I know of a place that's close to us that's LOADED with frogs. PM me if you want to check it out with your friend sometimes. CATKING

7. Hey Rick we will talk about it when we get together next week ;) Turtles,you guys got me thinking now.

8. Never used a gig. We waded and used a headlamp to freeze the frog and grab it with our hands. :D If it was too small, it could be released to grow. :)