close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Friends of Findley State Park/Rootbeer Floats

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wannabitawerm, May 23, 2004.

1. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Went to our monthly meeting yesterday. Anyone who is interested in becoming a Friend of Findley, send me a PM. I do believe almost all state parks have their own friends group. We basically hold a meeting once a month and discuss ways to make the park better. We hold cleanups, special events, things like that. It's a good way to be involved if your favorite fishing hole just happens to be at a state park. :rolleyes:

Also, we are serving rootbeer floats at the nature center on Saturday, May 29th, from 1:00 to 3:00. For a dollar donation, you can get a brain freeze. Right now, the Friends of Findley are doing some improvements to the entrance of the park. This was our first project other than clean-up of the park. I'm going to try to get in touch with someone from the state to see what is available as far as grants to try to improve the ramping facilities, placing structure in the lake, maybe even revamping the stocking program. Right now, they only stock catfish for the fishing derby. I'll post again when I get some info. Any help anyone can provide would be awesome.

Also, to all of you moderators and the site administrator, Once we get our webpage going, would you be interested in putting a link? Not sure exactly when that will happen, but I will let you know.

2. catking

catking Banned

That is a GREAT way of doing things !!! I wished there was alot more of this type of effort. Good for you guys. CATKING.............OH YEA !!!