Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on launching out of Cranberry Friday morning since the forcast was for 1-3's. After my drive from Toledo I found the waves to be solid 3-5's with some six's thrown in there. Definately wasn't going out in that with my 17footer. Said i would give it until 3pm to see if it lays down at all, it didn't. Called the wife and told her the conditions and that it was suppose to be nicer on Saturday. She suggested either driving home and driving back in the morning or finding a cheap place to stay. I ended up at The Plantation a mile down the road from Cranberry. Nice place, nice people, $39.99 (military rate). Headed in to Vermillion to to get dinner and hit the dollar store for some toiletries. Slept well and was on the water again by 7pm. Shot out towards the Sandbar at V. On the way found a pod of fish half way between Cran and V in 40 FOW. Pulled harnesses 100 back behind 2oz inlines, gold colorado chartruse beads took one fish about 23". That unfortunately would be my only fish of the day. Never made it all the way to the Bar, however the radio chatter sounded like guys were smokeing them for a while out there. Started a slow troll back west marking small pods of fish here and there. Had two pull backs but none in the boat. The lake really laid down nice but still no fish. Packed it up and finally got home about 7:30. I've had better days but can't complain too much. Got to spend the day on Mother Erie.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts