close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

friday morning hoover catfishing fun

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Aug 3, 2007.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

after a short nap thursday night,i sprang from the bed to ready myself for 2 a.m. date with the old whiskered hoover catfish molester jim horan (longbarbels). we made our way through the darkness to his pontoon,and headed out in search of some shad to entice the fish with.after what seemed like an eternity watching the old master demonstrate his skill with the cast net,we settled into fishing mode.the action was a bit slow at first,but as daylight approached,the fish began to smell out our offerings.jim was the first to connect,and was up on me by 3 to 0,including a nice fishohio.not to be outdone by the old curmudgeon,i finally repositioned my mouth and immediately began catching up.
    by the time the mid morning sun began melting what few brain cells we have left,we'd boated 9 nice channel cats,including 2 FO's of 26 and 26 1/2 inches.they all fell to fresh cut shad in depths from 8-12 feet.
    it was once again,a fine time on the water in fine company.

2. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

"after a short nap thursday night,i sprang from the bed".............Now we know that's a lie. Crawled out maybe a better word. Rolled out of bed onto the floor would be better but "sprang"..............I think not. I'll believe the part about the fish caught but not buying the "sprang out of bed" part.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,i sounded good anyway:p :D

4. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

More likely "sprained" should have been used somewhere in that sentance. :D

5. good stuff, misfit, I cant get any of my friends to go fishing before 10 am, these young guys are lazy these days :)

nothing feels better than a sunrise (at the lake)!

greg

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

for sure.and the sun looked like a big red fireball when it came up yesterday.wish i'd got a picture.
    but we did get a pic of my fishohio channel cat:)

[​IMG]

7. Not all of us. I definately don't spring outa bed through the week when I'm just going to work but when it's time to fish or hunt, I'll spring right up and be ready to roll.:D

Nice catch Misfit, you guys seem to always find the fish!!!

8. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I KINDA sprang up this morning (4:45am sat. morning), only 2 things I'll spring out of bed anymore and today its fishing, shwookie better be awake! Nice channel rick, nice thing about catfishing, you can always get a "cat" nap.
    Mike

9. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Sounds just like me.
    I'm not yet.

Thats a monster channel cat, I don't think I have ever seen one that big before.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that is a decent fish,but there are much bigger ones there;)
    thanks blaster,but we don't ALWAYS find them.and even when we do,we don't always catch them:eek::D
    today was one of those days...............kinda.didn't find the cats,but did find the white bass and crappies.only problem is,we had to leave after catching only one.but that's another story;)
    let's just say my reputation is intact:eek::(

11. about how much did that one weight do you know rick? i bet that was a nice little fight!!!!! i cant bring myself out of the smaller creeks these days i havent been to hoover in a month

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i didn't really pay much attention,but guess around 7 pounds or so.it was a little fatter than it looked cause they're gorging on the yoy shad now.

13. Nice fish, misfit. Glad to see you're back in the swing of things.