close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Friday morning fishing

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by oufisherman, Apr 30, 2004.

1. I had the morning to kill before class so I decided to hit a few local spots. I started out on an out of the way pond on a tip from a friend. After the 10 minute rain when I got there, I managed to pick up 3 small bass on lizard in one corner. That was it for that pond, not even a bluegill hit.
    So I decided to hit one of my new ponds. I caught a 3 pound bass right off the bat on the lizard and then a smaller one. I fished for bluegill for a while hoping to get a few for the freezer. I caught 4 around 7 inches but ended up letting them go when I wanted to fish for bass before I left. I ended up catching a 2 pound bass on bluegill pattern shallow shad rap and another one about the same size on floating rapala.
    Overall a good morning. Overcast with no sun, which was nice. Looking back, I should have hit the second pond first like I was going to. The best part about today is that I found out a 7 pound bass has been caught in the pond. I know there's a few more like that in this pond. :D

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like a good day, glad to hear ya got into some fish.

3. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

good job man