close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Friday morning bass

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by oufisherman, May 7, 2004.

1. I had some time to kill before class this morning so I decided to take a trip out to some Wayne National Forest ground outside of Nelsonville. I was going to check out some out of the way ponds and see what the action was like. I was out there by 6:30 in order to find nothing but weeds. THe ponds on the map must have dried out since the last update of the map. I hiked around for awhile and had enough.
    I went to a nearby pond to salvage the morning and ended up catching 15 bass from 2 pounds down to 7 inches on small floating rapala and green Zoom lizard. THe lizard took any bass that I saw next to shore getting ready to start the spawning thing. All were released to swim again. Then I went to another pond and managed only 1 bass. THis pond was real muddy and the bass just didn't want to cooperate.
    All in all, it wasn't too bad of a morning. I did some legwork and caught some bass. Not too bad of a way to kill some time! :)

2. Great way to start the weekend! Thanks for the report, I will have a lizard tied on tomorrow.