Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother in law is coming up from florida for a fishing trip...i'm coming from cleveland......weather looks good, i have a 17.6 deep v aluminum boat, will launching out of conneaut get me closer to fish?
also....any steelhead in the mix? thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you going to be fishing for eyes or perch? Right now perch are 45-50 FOW. The eyes are out about 5 miles more and I have not been getting steelhead lately

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
27 Posts
In that case I've been hearing both Ashtabula in Conneaut have been real good my shelf I haven't done any walleye fishing in about 3 weeks been strictly perch fishing because my kids and wife love to get on the boat and do perch fishing... However my brother and I will be going up this weekend specifically for eyes so I will be more informative for you in that case next week but I'm sure somebody on this site can give you and eye report

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i live right bye wildwood marina, so if perching i would just head out of there...but he's a florida boy and wants some walleye so thats my goal.
thanks

·
florida ice fishing
14,056 Posts
theres been a lot of reports lately and either one sound good. but maby some of the guys that's been doing good will pm you some numbers on where to start. I would check out the posts for fishing reports on erie, some of the guys post numbers.
sherman

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am planning on going out of Ashtabula this Saturday. When the perch are on fire out of Conny, it has taken me forever to launch in the past. I am also trying to get some coordinates for a starting point.. Did pretty good up there between the 6 and 7 line, pretty much northeast of the river mouth but that was about 3 weeks ago.

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,924 Posts
We trolled for 3 hrs at Conny. ( we are newbies!) We caught 1- 8+1/2#er & 1- 5#,,, AFTER we slayed the perch! Perch were AWESOME size.
58', out NW side of pack. SOLID SCREEN FOR HOURS.
One other boat said that he had 20 eyes & 1 steelhead. 06-07n between the 32 & 34. Many others caught NOTHING, they should'a went perching FIRST!
Just saying,,,,
Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts