Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out of Turtle Creek on Friday with a buddy. Got set up and started trolling a little before 8am. We were between A can and the intake, but closer to A Can. We proceeded to land about 5-6 walleye and lots of trash fish in the course of 5 hours. We were ready to pack up and call it a day and things got interesting for the last hour between 1-2pm. We boated 8 more fish during that time to finish with two tickets (2 throw backs). We were fishing tadpoles with crawler harnesses and I think a lot of our success was due to finally dialing in the depth they were at. Lots of 16-18" fish. One of my smallest boxes of walleyes ever, good eaters though. It took a while and we had to work for them, but we got er done. Overall great day on the water. Was pleased to get my buddy his first 6 fish limit. He usually just fishes the river run in April.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thanks for the report.. Hoping for a doctors release in a couple days and will be back up there Thursday.. Where in relation to A can is this Intake ?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Went out of Turtle Creek on Friday with a buddy. Got set up and started trolling a little before 8am. We were between A can and the intake, but closer to A Can. We proceeded to land about 5-6 walleye and lots of trash fish in the course of 5 hours. We were ready to pack up and call it a day and things got interesting for the last hour between 1-2pm. We boated 8 more fish during that time to finish with two tickets (2 throw backs). We were fishing tadpoles with crawler harnesses and I think a lot of our success was due to finally dialing in the depth they were at. Lots of 16-18" fish. One of my smallest boxes of walleyes ever, good eaters though. It took a while and we had to work for them, but we got er done. Overall great day on the water. Was pleased to get my buddy his first 6 fish limit. He usually just fishes the river run in April.
Hey jshank10....... I know another buddy who sure would like to get his first walleye this year.....

·
USCG Master Captain Gary Bendele
206 Posts
Went out TURTLE CREEK Friday was north of you a couple miles.Same size up there should OF saved some gas and stayed down there.Good job!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts