Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help...Is there any place in central Ohio that sells fresh (not frozen) shad? Wife wants to go catfishing. I loaned my cast net to a buddy a couple years ago... We all know how that story ends.

Or if anyone is netting some on Hoover or Alum tonight or tomorrow
t that may want a couple extra bucks. Let me know.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,712 Posts
I may have an old one but still good i can give it too you if i still have it will look after my yak trip

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wife called them yesterday. Said they didnt have fresh shad but they do have frozen skipjack. Never used skipjack but i am going to try it tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all... Thanks for everyones help. After a 45 min. Trip to pick up some skipjack. We fished the north end of hoover from about 8 to 11 pm. Not a single bite. We then moved to the north end of alum. Within 5 mins. My wife had an 8lb 4oz channel on the bank.. It just got worse for me from there. She caught a total of 5 channels between 2lbs 14ozs and 9lms 5ozs. I caught 1 channel that went 2lbs 2ozs and a 7 lb 9 oz carp. All the cats were caught on on chicken liver. The carp was caught on shrimp.

For the first time in our 5 years... I was outfished. Needless to say she wont let me live it down. I told her that we are sticking to bass from now on.

·
The end is near
6,797 Posts
You let her have her moment in the sun and shine! Life will be great for all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts