Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official - The Crappie are in the brush spawning. A friend and I caught over 60 in two days with several being HUGE. It took trying many different fallen trees and bever huts to find the big ones. Water temp is 62 and water has cleared to normal condition. My biggest was 14+ 1/2" which is a fish Ohio award. The fish was so tight in the brush that we got 100 snags trying to reach them. Most the best/biggest fish we caught was 6' deep right in the center heavy cover. :B

·
Registered
694 Posts
My buddy is down there now pulling slabs....he said he was also catching them at 6 to 7 ft. deep.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sr. Jigger,

Your Crappie fishing report is very accurate.

I was fishing the lake with a friend on 5/5/07 for Crappie from 8AM-4PM. The constant rain eventually drove us from the lake but the reason we lasted as long as we did was because we were catching fish. We caught at least 70-80 Crappie total. Most fish were in the 6-10" range. We were fishing in 5-10' of water. However, the larger fish like you mentioned, were in the middle of the downed trees, brush, etc... You had to get directly into the thick of the trees/bursh to catch the larger fish.

We managed to keep 16 fish in the 12-15" range. All others were returned to the lake to grow up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts