close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FREE Mustang Inflable PFD!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Buick Riviera, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

This is almost too good to be true. The Ohio DNR Division of Watercraft is giving Mustang inflatables away for free in exchange for your pledge to wear it whenever you are on the water and return it by October 31st. They will also ask you to complete a consumer survey on your likes and dislikes of the inflatable.

Both the chest-type and fanny pack type are part of this give away. Today my wife and I each got a brand new chest type Mustang manual inflatable and a couple of free t-shirts at Portage Lakes. This is part of the Division's Wear It Ohio! Life Jacket Campaign to acquaint boaters and fishermen with the inflatable type vest in hope folks will wear them constantly.

They will be at Portage again on Father's Day (on the water) and other locations and details are available here: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Watercraft/2ndNav/NewsandEvents/WearItOhio/tabid/2482/Default.aspx

Buick

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

but you pledge to wear it? are you going to? i have 1 ,but never wear it unless the weather /waves get risky.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Gotta wear it, and return it? No thanks, still a nice offer though :)

4. Buick Riviera

Sure. An inflatable pfd doesn't do much good stowed in the locker.

Buick

5. Buick Riviera

I looked up the kind they are giving out online. The cheapest I could find was $115 a piece.

Buick

6. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

It's not counted as a PFD unless worn.

7. In this day and time, how can they 'loan' $100+ items and expect to get them returned at the end of the season? Seems like a waste of tax dollars. I hope they have a very good plan to get them back.

8. Buick Riviera

Tax dollars aren't involved one bit. Mustang is the leading PFD manufacturer and supplier of all the Coast Guards survival and rescue equipment.

They've sponsored this program in at least two other states and experienced a 30% increase in sales in those areas. Division personal are paid, as always, through your license, registration and enforcement fees and fines.

I told you it was almost too good to be true. And if you have any knowledge of the program, expect to be able to purchase "your" pfd at the end of the program for pennies on the dollar. In the meantime you have the opportunity to try one for free to see if you like it with no financial risk.

[​IMG]

You have nothing to lose by participating.

Buick

9. Okay, I was mistaken about it being tax dollars. However, the point I was really going for is they are being awful trustworthy for this "day and age".