Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Embarrassing but true. Not knowing lake got into sand quickly and lifted my outboard out and in. Here’s best guesstimate of location. Unable to retrieve it being an older generation member. Tough lesson. 15 hp johnson 1994. Good runner ( or was). Electric start to. If you have good electronics might find it. Good luck if you try. If someone has a decent 15 or 10 hp pm me. Good hunting if you try. South of launch opposite bait shop
Map Technology

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
yeah man its fixable , but thats a deep spot , with someones d i you stand a good chance of finding it , i remember that lake when its was drawn down and drained to repair damn, the bottom is fairly level with graduating shelfs leading to the creek.. it looked like grass fields when it grew grass... man i would cry if it was me

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind thoughts appreciate it. I hung on to that tiller arm as long as I could. It’s a goner. Stay safe

·
multi species angler
4,372 Posts
yeah man its fixable , but thats a deep spot , with someones d i you stand a good chance of finding it , i remember that lake when its was drawn down and drained to repair damn, the bottom is fairly level with graduating shelfs leading to the creek.. it looked like grass fields when it grew grass... man i would cry if it was me
That spot is not deep

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Get ahold of the fire department and let them know. Asked them to do a training drive for you hint training. And the reason. Because of the gas oil causing harm. They may go down and get it for you. But be nice and say you could donate to that department for all the hard work

·
Registered
216 Posts
Get ahold of the fire department and let them know. Asked them to do a training drive for you hint training. And the reason. Because of the gas oil causing harm. They may go down and get it for you. But be nice and say you could donate to that department for all the hard work
The half cup of fuel in the carb is gone by now there not gonna worry about the 20 oz's of lower unit oil. its not a boat with 30 gallons of fuel

1 - 20 of 41 Posts