Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago, I discovered an app called "Libby." It's incredible, plug in your local library card number, and you can borrow endless amounts of audiobooks, magazines, and books depending on how you like to read. Many members here would benefit from this app as most enjoy reading forums. I listen to audiobooks while at work, and it breaks up the monotony of just always listening to music. Hopefully, someone will benefit from this post if you didn't know about the app.

· Registered
744 Posts
A couple of years ago, I discovered an app called "Libby." It's incredible, plug in your local library card number, and you can borrow endless amounts of audiobooks, magazines, and books depending on how you like to read. Many members here would benefit from this app as most enjoy reading forums. I listen to audiobooks while at work, and it breaks up the monotony of just always listening to music. Hopefully, someone will benefit from this post if you didn't know about the app.
It's easy to use too

· Registered
546 Posts
I haven't switched over to Libby yet. I started using Overdrive 17Oct17 and have read 439 e-books on it, mostly while sitting on the throne :D I keep getting a pop-up when signing in asking if I want to move to Libby, and I figure I'll eventually have to, but til then I'll stay where I'm familiar with the navigation. Does Libby keep track of what you've already read so you don't waste time getting the same book twice?

· Registered
2,520 Posts
I haven't switched over to Libby yet. I started using Overdrive 17Oct17 and have read 439 e-books on it, mostly while sitting on the throne :D I keep getting a pop-up when signing in asking if I want to move to Libby, and I figure I'll eventually have to, but til then I'll stay where I'm familiar with the navigation. Does Libby keep track of what you've already read so you don't waste time getting the same book twice?
439 books sitting on the throne? You have wayyyyy to much time on your hands! o_O

· Registered
431 Posts
Had an old partner on midnites. He always had a mini boom box on the passenger seat of his cruiser. One night i caught himself sleeping. so i eased my cruiser up to his door. All i heard in a thick British accent talking about the natives. lol books on cassette lolol

· Registered
546 Posts
439 books sitting on the throne? You have wayyyyy to much time on your hands! o_O
I'm basically retired so most people spend more hours on the job in one day than I do in a couple months. This month I worked ~6hrs and I've scheduled ~1 1/2 hrs for Feb. and I really enjoy reading. It isn't my 'hands' I have too much time on ;)

I did not think Overdrive was still operating. Thought you had to switch to LIbby to use Columbus Public Library
Sure is, and it doesn't look like they plan on shutting it down any time soon. I've got holds on books that won't be released til June and July. I don't know if it's available to new subscribers, but I signed up over 5 years ago, well before Columbus library started pushing Libby.

Reactions: PromiseKeeper
1 - 12 of 12 Posts