close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Free Bait !!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Perch, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

The Cicadas are coming......brood XIV back in LATE MAY2008 to SW OHIO
    GREAT BAIT

GET READY.................... ;) ;) :D

2. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Are ya taking orders? How much....:D

3. ah man I hate cicadas. I remember a few years ago when they were bad, trying to ride mx. You would hit so many of those damn things during a race, total pain in the rear.

4. Tell us more Thresher. What do they work on...alive or dead?

5. yeah im curious to hear about this...

6. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

it's great bait 3 steps:

1: pick cicada from tree or wherever it's at (you can find it by the annoying sound but they will probably be all over the place)

2: put on hook(best with wings free to flap from my experience)

3: throw in water near trees or anywhere, wait 10=15 seconds, then reel in fish

Last time they were in Athens they were the best bait I can remember using, the second they hit the water and started flapping something would smack it.

7. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Exactly..they work better alive, when the wings are flapping...they have a plate between the wings you can slide hook under......Bass and gills cant resist them...............also have used dead ones and caught channel cats and one big ole Bugle Mouth Bass ( carp )

I remember 1991, in Milford when this brood last came out, they were THICK........Was welding in a shop with doors open and they were attracted to the arc noise.....what a trip that was.........they should be out by Memorial day weekend.........cover your baby trees and bushes with netting to protect them from sever damage.