close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Free Bait

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Perch, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

The Cicadas are coming......brood XIV back in LATE MAY2008 to SW OHIO
    GREAT BAIT

GET READY.................... ;)

2. not those things again. man it was bad last time they were here

3. *snap*

Snappy Cicada Pizza

*snap*

4. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

I actually ATE a live one a few years back when they were up in Clermont county............Tasted like Asparagus Spears............Not too bad really...Its a mind over matter thing plus a few Miller Lites helped as well

Anyway....................

If anyone remembers 1991 around these parts, thats the same 17 year brood thats coming back up........I remember them being really THICK around Western Clermont county that year............Should be the same this May.................1991 is the year I slayed gills and bass on the surface at Wilowbrook Lake using Live Cicadas.

5. LOL....

Mind over matter with the help of a few Miller lites..... Classic!

FRank

6. I worked landscaping for awhile over the last couple weeks and we did see alot more of them than usual. I couldnt believe how bad it gets during reds games. Great for fishing though

7. a FEW Miller Lites is not enough!!!!!!!!!

8. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

I'll try anything once,gonna eat some this year,TC1

9. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

When they were here the last time, the gills were eating them like crazy. We had them covered in the boat and was putting them on a plain gold hook with a tiny split shot, suspended from a balanced float. The biggest bluegills I ever remember catching. We should of froze a bunch. How long do you think they might last being frozen??