Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying the special management doe tag I saw Delaware County wasnt on the list of counties this year. Franklin is which is a lot closer than any other special management county near me is on the list. There can't be any public hunting in Franklin is there? Or is there a landowner in Franklin that wouldn't mind one less deer on their property? Really wasn't cost effective driving to kokosing mohican. Looks like I might be eating the 15 dollar tag.

·
Registered
794 Posts
After buying the special management doe tag I saw Delaware County wasnt on the list of counties this year. Franklin is which is a lot closer than any other special management county near me is on the list. There can't be any public hunting in Franklin is there? Or is there a landowner in Franklin that wouldn't mind one less deer on their property? Really wasn't cost effective driving to kokosing mohican. Looks like I might be eating the 15 dollar tag.
wow the only public hunting area I can think of is Alum in franklin co

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Neighbor keeps offering me to come and kill deer in his back yard..... Franklin county but also the city of Columbus, that practicing with a bow is illegal from what I know ..... and there is a few stud bucks around

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is good bit of hunting area by darby creek metro parks. There are a couple spots they open only for gun special deer reduction areas.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I ‘m not sure I should mention this on a public forum, but.....There is a bunch of public land in Franklin County.... Part of Battelle-Darby Metro Park....
send me a message if you need more info....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks craw and duck, I'm going to start investigating, I noticed south end of hoover reservoir falls into Franklin wondering if there is any bow aloud there anywhere on the state grounds. I would do Darby area though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts