close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Frankfort

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomb, Aug 7, 2007.

1. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Anyone going to be fishing in Frankfort, Michigan this weekend for salmon?

2. Fishing reports from up that way were spotty to say the least. I fished Ludington last weekend and the fishing was far from stellar, although my wife did get a 21# king on Friday evening. I think we ended up with 23 fish for 3 trips out...and save the 21 and 17# fish we caught on Friday...not much over 10#.

The cooler summer has kept the fish to the south. My Dad and I hammered them out of Muskegon with my buddy Salmonhead last Monday. This heat wave should get them on the move, but there is a TON of bait in the lake right now, and those darn things won't be too much in a hurry to leave the dinner table down south.

Hope it gets better for you. Spin Docs and flies were hot off the riggers and divers, then mag spoons off the leadcore.

3. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Thanks for the report. I'll let you know how we do.

4. Read a solid report from Frankfort on John King's site today. Nice fish too..

5. tomb

tomb Tom B.

If we do half as good I'll be happy. That's a heck of a catch. Must be nice to take the kids out for a day like that.

6. Ludington cranked up yesterday...big fish too. Not surprised....Frankfort should be hot as well.

Smack 'em!!

7. Hope it stays hot till I get up there next Friday!!