close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Frankfort 8/10 & 8/11

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by tomb, Aug 20, 2007.

1. tomb

tomb Tom B.

I meant to post this sooner, but I've been busy. My brother and I went to Frankfort, Michigan Thursday night for salmon. Made four trips Friday and Saturday morning and evening. Only got two lakers on Fri morning. Went 6 for 10 Friday night, 5 for 8 Sat morning, and 2 for 4 on Saturday night. Got blown off right at sundown Saturday by approaching thunderstorms, which also made Sunday morning impossible. Good darkness setups were: Wonderbread magnum dipsey with an 8" white/glow spin doctor with a mirage glow KRW fly ran 80-110 back on a 1 setting. Yellow and orange glow squid off blue/glow and green glow 8" spin doctors off size 1 dipsey set on 3 ran 100-155 back, and magnum dipsey 3 setting ran 115 or 2 setting 85 back. The squid setups did equally well during daylight as well. Other daylight producers were: Glitter Aqua Howie Fly and blue/green G-Fly ran off the above setups or a 8" blue/glow hootchie mama. On friday evening the blue green G-Fly was never in the water for longer than 10 minutes without a fish on it on three consecutive fish, fish number four liked it so much-----he took it. The Glitter Aqua Howie did almost as well on saturday. We also managed to catch one fish on a Pink Panties Silver Streak ran 50' down off a downrigger. That was the only fish we could get to hit any spoon ran anywhere.

I owe thanks to BFG, Lundy, Papascott, Blue Dun, and Swantucky for their help on setting up for the trip. Many thanks.

2. tomb

tomb Tom B.

Here are a few pics.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Glad things workrd out for you. We had a great trip also. Sure is alot different than fishing lake Erie.

4. tomb

tomb Tom B.

I saw your thread, nice pics. Glad you had a good trip. It's great to have family involved. I hope to take my dad next year. And yes, it's very different from Erie, that's the deepest water my fishfinder has ever marked. Weird going from 75-200+ feet in one trolling pass.